cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being sold an Apple Watch extra data plan??

eggesbeanstoast
Fledgling

I'm trying to pair an Apple Watch with my Three Mobile data plan. The Website allows me to put the Apple Watch and the £5 a month for 24 months pairing plan into the basket. 

That's as far as I can go, as the website gets stuck.

I've gone on live chat twice now and both times they tried to say I needed to purchase a separate data plan for the Apple Watch, the cheapest of which was about £11 roughly. 

So, instead of pay £13.5 a month for the watch, £5 a month for pairing, they also want me to pay for £11 for extra watch data even though I have a Three data plan with the iPhone.

This doesn't seem correct to me. Is it a scam? 

6 REPLIES 6
justSortMyIssue
Fledgling

i wouldnt bother pairing with three - ive spend 3 months trying to cancel my pairing (all instructions followed on my end) yet they charge me every month and offer no solutions. Go somewhere else and save yourself the hassle 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @eggesbeanstoast,

Just to check the existing plan is a personal phone or SIM only plan with minutes, texts, and data, rather than a data only SIM? Is this a Three Your Way plan (our new plans that launched on 30 January 2023), or if on an older plan did you receive the messages to confirm you've received a system update in the last few weeks?

From my understanding of your post, it shouldn't be necessary to purchase another SIM plan as long as the above is correct. If you're still trying to get this sorted out please let me know and I'll be happy to take a closer look.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

KK
Fledgling

Can you advise me too?  I’m having the exact same issue. Not sure why I need another data plan when my mobile contract is unlimited. 

KK
Fledgling

I just want to link the apple watch to my original data plan.  Is this correct that I need an extra data sim for the watch as well as the data with my phone.  Expecially as I will be mainly using it via bluetooth/wifi

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @KK,

I think you may be looking at options to purchase an Apple Watch as part of an upgrade or new phone/SIM only contract.

If you're not eligible, or not wanting to take out a new contract or upgrade you can still purchase the watch from our online accessory shop.

As you say you can also keep the watch paired over Bluetooth, so taking the pairing add on isn't mandatory, but once you have purchased an Apple Watch from us or elsewhere you can add cellular pairing if you want to stay connected over 4/5G whilst away from your phone.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

KK
Fledgling

So to take out an apple watch deal I also have to take out another contract on top of my mobile contract?