cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartwatch Pairing plans questions

Blitzga
Fledgling

Hi, I’ve been looking to purchase a Apple Watch Series 8, the three.co.uk doesn’t register that I’m logged into my account and doesn’t let me checkout. So I spoke to sales team today, they informed me that I would need an airtime plan as well as the smartwatch pairing plan, but I thought the point of the smartwatch pairing plan was so it would pair with my current mobile plan? I’m just looking for confirmation on whether this is true or not?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

You need to watch this, it's  a 3 trick.

3 assumes that you want to pair and use the watches mobile capability when out of range of your phone. If you want this then you have to cough up. However, as one guy posted last week, if you don't want this and are only interested in a Bluetooth connection you need to opt for thr monthly plan at checkout and the wait for it all to start working and then cancel the monthly plan. Please do not shoot the messenger as I do not work for 3.

Read this post: https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Devices/Pairing-plans/m-p/15210

Blitzga
Fledgling

Wow that’s beyond confusing, I thought the whole point was your paying a fee to share your current plan with your watch, so you can do this anyway just by Bluetooth?