cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTE 5G Routers Unusable

Inspect311
Fledgling

Well I’m at a loss

3 different ZTE routers from Three. 2 of which were MC888 and 1 being MC801A. 2 different Three SIM cards. 2 different locations in Liverpool. Completely unusable in both locations. Yet a small Vodafone Mobile Hotspot with a Three SIM card in stable as you like, same with my iPhone on data (albeit slow) 

Tested phone and hotspot in same room and proximity as the ZTE router. Router is situated by a window and now have it on the desk also near a window. When go onto the router settings it rates the location I’ve placed it as good with long WiFi signals. 3 white lights for Signal on the router and blue light Network (means it’s on 4G)

Getting 40-50mbps download with 0.01mpbs upload, with VERY unstable internet, webpages not loading, timing out, speed test sometimes not even loading etc. No 5G coverage in the house so always on 4G on both phone and router.

Three’s coverage showing no issues. Am I missing something or are these routers just that bad?

Based on the info online they’ve got great reviews, seem like a very solid bit of kit, I live in a major city with one apartment I was in being very modern and near the centre, the other being a house not too far out from the city centre.

0 REPLIES 0