Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Go Roam Around the World Extra

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Great news! We’ve added 92 new destinations to Go Roam – with over 160 in total - from beautiful Thailand to vibrant Mexico. 

And with Go Roam Around the World Extra, you can explore while accessing your plan’s data, minutes, and texts with our inclusive daily roaming passes.*

No inclusive passes? No problem. When visiting a Go Roam Around the World Extra destination, you can unlock your plan’s data, minutes, and texts for £7 for 24hrs* or buy a 3, 7, or 14 day Go Roam Around the World Extra Pass before you travel for even better savings. You can check the rates for any roaming destination before you travel on our Roaming Support page. And if it’s time to renew your plan, why not take advantage of our Value and Complete plans which are bundled with up to 56 days of inclusive Roaming passes, as well as other perks such as Paramount+, extended warranty, free screen repairs and more!

We hope that adding more destinations than ever before to Go Roam is a welcome change. Please let us know in your replies what you think of this new expansion to our Go Roam services, and where you’ll be off to this summer? Read more on the Three blog.

*Fair usage policy applies.

Available on all Pay Monthly plans for customers who have joined, or renewed after 1 October 2021 (no other plans, including Pay As You Go or Pay Monthly plans entered into before 1 October 2021, will be impacted by these changes and will continue to be charged at current standard roaming rates)

51 REPLIES 51
steve4200
Fledgling

this new go roam plan completely disadvantages loyal customers who took out their monthly contracts before October 2021, these long standing customers have lost their rights to free roaming, and are now being 'forced' to sign new contracts if they want to take advantage of the new go roam options.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @steve4200,

I appreciate where you're coming from, however by introducing daily charges and Add ons to Go Roam, we've been able to expand the service to cover over 160 destinations now. The charges make the service sustainable, transparent, and customers pay proportionately to how they use the services.

We still offer plans with inclusive roaming as I've mentioned in the main article, if you're eligible for an upgrade then I'd recommend to discuss a Value or Complete plan with the team to see if there's something suitable for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Gattvol
Fledgling

Looking at the Three site, Thailand is not included in any GO Roam. If am I am wrong which one is it included in and how can I access it on PAYG?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gattvol,

Thailand is included in Go Roam Around the World Extra, but as I mention in the article this new Go Roam tier is available for Pay Monthly customers who have joined or renewed after 1 October 2021, so Thailand isn't currently included in Go Roam for PAYG.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Don45
Fledgling

Just make it clear 2£ a day just gives you right to use your phone abroad minutes and texts AND JUST  12GB DATA A MONTH if your country listed in Go Roam. If not she maybe listed in Go Roam extra then it's 7£ a day just to get same as 2£ in other countries. You still have to purchase 5£ data plan if you go above 12G a MONTH so that's 12£ a day. Abroad you just getting 12G a MONTH free whith your allowance 

Bigmama0072004
Regular

I was with Vodafone for 10 years EE FOR 3 years and now moved to three for this benefit!! Hope it stays like this and doesn’t get removed it’s the only reason I joined three and will stay as they keep this roaming!!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Bigmama0072004,

Welcome to Three and the Three Community. Glad to hear the roaming benefits appealed to you!

Thanks,
Jonathan

QuickQuestioner
Fledgling

Hi my contract is pre 2021 but includes go roam. Will that cover me for India. The website and app really aren’t easy to use to find this info. Not sure why it doesn’t just display based on phone number. Thx

tarantella
Rising star
leemeluk
Regular

I've been with three since 2015, and was on a 3-2-1 PAYG plan, but was turned over to a PAYG 12GB Data at some point, which then turned over to a 15 GB Data auto renew.
I didn't even know about the changes until I went to Japan, and it was cheaper to buy a local SIM rather try anything with Three, and a planned trip to Thailand has me running for a local SIM. The comms from Three have been very hit and miss, as I do struggle to understand some of the changes due to a traumatic brain injury. 
Changes like this need to run past the Plain English Campaign.