cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-registering for My3 and the Three App

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

**Update 01/12/2023: We’re pleased to confirm, all accounts have been moved to the new My3, but we’ll keep this article in place as many of you still need to re-register. Unfortunately you won’t be able to change the email linked to your account without our help. If you have multiple numbers, are unable to access the email linked to your account, or need any other help re-registering, please get in touch.**

Hey Everyone,

We’ve been hard at work this year to upgrade the systems that support our network and your accounts. This means that we’ve been able to start providing lots of awesome new and improved services, like eSIM, smartwatch pairing, as well as a greater range and flexibility on our price plans.

We know that staying on top of your billing, and having easy access to all the options on your Three account is super important, so we’re also upgrading My3 and our Three App too. After the system update completes for your account, you’ll be asked to re-register for our new and improved My3, so we’ve created this guide to help make this as straightforward as possible for you.

Who will receive the update?

We’re updating every account that was opened before we launched our Three Your Way plans on 30th January 2023. We’ve already completed the update for a large number of customers, so if you’ve re-registered for My3 this year then don’t worry, you won’t need to repeat this process.

How will I know when I’ve been updated?

We’ll be in touch, look out for emails or texts from us about the system updates. We’ll give you notice of when we’re carrying out the work, then your My3 and App will temporarily be unavailable for a couple of days whilst we complete the updates. You’ll receive a further message to confirm when everything is good to go, and to let you know you can re-register for My3 again.

Do I need to do anything before the update?

For the smoothest experience, please ensure you have registered an email address with us before your account receives the update.

You will need to verify the email as part of this process, so please ensure that you have access to the email you have registered. If you have multiple phone numbers with Three, you should register a unique email to each number you have with us.

If you need to check or make any changes to your registered email, this can be done from My3 or the Three App before the update. If you wait till afterwards, you’ll need help from customer services to amend your email before you can re-register.

How do I re-register?

Just pop over to the login page, pop in your Three number, then select the “Register” button on the next page.

Enter your email address that is already registered with us, and then set a secure password of at least 12 characters. Any mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters are allowed.

Once you click register, you’ll get an OTP (One Time Passcode) by text, and an email with a verification link to complete your registration. We’ll continue to periodically send OTPs to you when you login if it’s been a while, or if we see a login from a new device, so we can help keep your account secure.

Need more help?

If you’re running into any issues with re-registering after your account is updated, then please give us a ring or have a chat with us.

Let us know in the comments what you think about the new look and feel of the updated My3 and App!

159 REPLIES 159
emmasales42
Fledgling

I am having trouble re-registering my account on my 3 app

sf60017
Active

Everyone seems to be, emmasales42. It's very difficult knowing what to do about it, the helpline isn't and it's obvious that nobody from 3 reads this forum, this is a serious worry as some may be running up a bill they can't monitor, the re-registering is convoluted and no matter what you try it doesn't work: If you try to re-register, correct email addy and password it says, in an alarming red font, that this account is already in use, well if it's already in use why can't we use it!! Strange though that all the ad's from 3 to encourage us to part with more hard earnt cash, come through with no trouble at all, that works fine. Damned frustrating.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @emmasales42,

Have you tried re-registering from both the app and the Three website? Can you share what error message you see?

Thanks,
Jonathan

sf60017
Active

Please, please get this problem sorted; people can't re-register, just keep going around in circles, people can't monitor what they are spending and what they are using. I've tried everything to re-register my three 3 numbers, tried online and via the app AND spent hours on the 'helpline'. I can't believe a big player like 3 in the telecommunications world are making it so difficult and frustrating to register and monitor their accounts. Sadly the legend at the top of this page is becoming a frequently thought about question, 'Why 3'? People are desperate for a quick, easy solution to this situation, JonathanB.

sc1999
Local celebrity

I must have been lucky. I clicked on re-register, used my old password, entered the texted code and, surprisingly,  it worked. I was a little worried about security when the new system allowed the use of my old password, most systems reject already used passwords. 

DiDi
Regular

Hi, I’m also having problems with re-registering - I have 2 accounts but unfortunately both registered with the same email.  I have updated my partners phone account (he’s only been with 3 a few months) but I cannot update mine (15 years ish).   Chat and phoning were no help - kept on about a PIN but could give no info about it and I needed to go to a 3 store. Phoned the nearest store and they said that there lots of problems with the new system and I got the impression that they would be una le to help.  Not very impressed at the moment!  Anyone able to help please.

DiDi
Regular

Forgot to mention that having updated partners phone on 3 app I cannot re register account on my3 webpage.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DiDi,

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into issues re-registering. I'll PM you the details of a team that can help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

sf60017
Active

Jonathan, mate, it doesn't work! As soon as you enter a password, old or new it just says this account is already in use/active, words to that effect and that's where you stay. I've tried it on the website via the app and it's the same throughout, at present it's impossible to get more than one number re-registered, it's now beyond a joke and no one at 3 seems at all bothered which is strange when there are so many alternatives for customers. Can't someone just be honest and say, we screwed up, we'd appreciate that a lot more.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sf60017,

It sounds like you've been having a really frustrating time since the update. I assure you that we do want to get this sorted, and we'll do our best to help.

I'll PM you details of a team that can get the issues with re-registering investigated for you.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan