cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5g broadband

ezzie2
Fledgling

I am paying for broadband on the 5g modem. Did so to get reliable signal to work from home. Fine from June up until last week when suddenly having constant drop out. (Which is the reason I can’t use the wired service i aso pay for!)

status checker says working on masts in area, confirmed this in call to three but no timescale?! 
now have to drive 30 miles every day instead of once a week as well as paying for the most ridiculously intermittent service ever.

any one else in same or similar boat?

anykne have any idea when S70 area will have working masts?

2 REPLIES 2
sc1999
Local celebrity

They have been working on my mast for months. Try social media team as they seem to have more resources available: Social media webchat | Support | Three

TT
Fledgling

Having similar issues in BD6 area. Been doing some tests and I think 3's internal routing is on the blink - keep seeing timeouts for 10 minute periods at random points throughout the day - when the timeout period happens, I can still ping the first hop on the 3 network but pings to services on the internet get no response or the odd massively latent ping response of 4000ms+. After a 10 mins or so, the pings start to respond with high latency and slowly dropping back down to 24ms over about 10 or so pings.

I've got my 5G modem currently running on Band 28 from another mast entirely to see if that makes any difference but it's becoming unusable as it stands and can't work from home due to the issues. Seen a few other people in random areas like LS11 also with similar problems.