cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t make calls in Netherlands

Ruge
Fledgling

I just installed my Three SIM card today when I arrived in Netherlands. So far I have tried several phone numbers including my hotel but none go through. Data seems to be working fine. 

2 REPLIES 2
tarantella
Rising star

I might be wrong, but I think you need to have activated your sim in the UK first. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ruge,

It sounds like if mobile data is working your SIM is active for roaming. I'm assuming this is a PAYG SIM if you just activated it upon arriving?

The Netherlands is included in Go Roam in Europe, so you should be able to call local numbers if you have a Data Pack inclusive allowance for calls and texts. Are you dialling in international format? (drop the leading 0 if applicable, and replace with +44 for UK numbers or +31 for Netherlands numbers)

I've also had a look at 3G switch off progress, and from what I can gather the local networks have removed 3G already. You should check your settings for VoLTE or 4G calling in case you need to enable this feature.

There's a few tips to check 4G calling is enabled in this topic: How to ensure your phone is ready for the 3G switch off

Thanks,
Jonathan 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.