cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 5G mast still not activated

MZone
Superstar

A brand new 3 5G mast has been built on the LL57 2PW area since July 22 (also that was the last time workmen were active on it). Any ideas when it is going to get switched on? Seams a waste just sat there doing nothing after all the effort. 

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MZone,

I hope you're well. Just to let you know, I did get an update on this.

We can confirm the site has been built, but we need to coordinate with other companies to get it operational, and it's taking some time.

Sorry that I can't go into much detail about this, but there's some unexpected delays with a 3rd party. As soon as we're free to complete the switch on, we'll do so.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

12 REPLIES 12
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MZone,

We can't give details on the status of the 5G switch on for individual masts on the community, but that does sound an awful long time. I'll pass on the feedback in case this needs looking into further! There are some benchmarking tests that go on after the physical work, so masts aren't switched on as soon as they are built, but I do agree this is an unusual delay.

You can also register for updates about 5G in your area. This way we'll contact you when we can share info about the coverage being upgraded when it is ready.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

bulldog555
Involved

Sound like new mast for this area could be delays as well

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @bulldog555,

When was this erected? From your wording it on the thread it sounded like this was new?

Thanks,
Jonathan

bulldog555
Involved

@JonathanB Last week they put it up

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks @bulldog555, I don't get access to info on when a particular mast will go online, but please do let me know if it still doesn't seem to be up and running within the next couple of months.

sc1999
Local celebrity

Probably waiting to have the power connected.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MZone,

I hope you're well. Just to let you know, I did get an update on this.

We can confirm the site has been built, but we need to coordinate with other companies to get it operational, and it's taking some time.

Sorry that I can't go into much detail about this, but there's some unexpected delays with a 3rd party. As soon as we're free to complete the switch on, we'll do so.

Thanks,
JonathanB

MZone
Superstar

Hi @JonathanB thanks for this update. Really appreciate you asking the question and coming back to me. Roll on ‘switch on’ day. 

bulldog555
Involved

The mast still not active yet in Park Street, Madeley, Telford, TF7 5BY. Any idea when it will go active date @JonathanB 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.6355502,-2.4550381,3a,75y,110.53h,95.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1ssSuGD...

20240124-141343.jpg