Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my phone in Canada

Stowboy
Fledgling

Hope someone can help me as I'm in Canada and I can't connect to a network.

I've just been in the US and had no problems. I was automatically connected and was able to use my phone throughout my stay. Since arriving in Canada I've had nothing.

I purchased a pay as you go sim and data pack to use abroad and a check of my setting show the international roaming enabled alongside international calls etc.

Any suggestions

3 REPLIES 3
LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hello @Stowboy,

Hope you're alright!

Sorry to hear you're having some issues whilst roaming in Canada. The PAYG GoRoam would work fine in USA as you've already experienced, however Canada isn't on our GoRoam list. This means it wouldn't connect whilst there as Three do not cover the country. I'd suggest using the free WiFi where you can, if not then potentially buying a local SIM?

For future reference check out all GoRoam destinations here - https://www.three.co.uk/go-roam

Thanks,
LeeT
Employee - Retail

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi Stowboy 👋 I hope you’re enjoying your trip, despite this blip with your phone.

As Lee’s explained, you’ll have been able to use your data pack in the USA, as it’s one of our Go Roam Around the World destinations.

However, as Canada isn’t included in Go Roam, any use of your data, minutes or texts there is chargeable. This means you would need to have cash credit available to use those services. You can see the costs of using each service on our Canada destination page.

I’d back Lee’s great suggestions of sticking to Wi-Fi or using a local SIM until you’re back home or in another Go Roam country.

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Stowboy
Fledgling

Thanks to both of you. I feared that might be the case so I'm off round the corner for a local Sim!