cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Get Replacement Sim / eSim

Thepominlaw
Fledgling

Upgraded to iPhone 16, setup process failed and I had to reset phone, as a result I now no longer have a sim for my phone thus no data or way of making phone calls. Phoned twice to support now to be told there is a system issue and they cannot send out a physical sim or email a eSIM. Anyone else having this issue I need my phone for work. Been told to try again Wednesday now. 

10 REPLIES 10
MS011294
Fledgling

I am having the same issue for the last 3 days. I have no idea whats happening. I am running back and forth between webchat, calls, and store. But not getting any help whatsoever. 

Thepominlaw
Fledgling

I have been told to go to a store but don’t have one close

MZone
Maestro

Have tou tried to request one using the app?

Step 1: Log into 3 app, head to Account, then help, then Replace SIM to order your eSIM.

Step 2: Log into 3 app, head to Account, then Help, then Activate SIM.

Thepominlaw
Fledgling

IMG_0025.png

Tried the app multiple times to request a physical or eSIM get error every time tells you to contact help desk who are unable to help as they have the same error

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Thepominlaw,

Sorry to hear this, it sounds like the order for the SIM replacement, or another order on the account has become "stuck" usually when reported this is cleared within 1-3 days. Did the team give you a timescale or any updates?

@MS011294 likewise, I'm sorry to hear about this are you seeing the same error as @Thepominlaw?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Thepominlaw
Fledgling

Sim order seems to have worked now went for a physical sim just waiting for it to be delivered 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for confirming this @Thepominlaw, please let me know how you get on with the new SIM.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

lochnessmonster
Fledgling

I just went into a store to get a replacement SIM card (physical) and the store clerk spent 10 minutes on the system but wasn't able to do it. They said the only thing they would be able to do was give me a new SIM card with a new phone number.

Getting a new phone number isn't a solution.

@JonathanB Are you able to confirm whether this is a known issue, and if so, is there an expected ETA for this to be resolved? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lochnessmonster,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been having trouble getting your SIM replaced. There's not an overall fault with this process, but it sounds like an order or other request on your account has become "stuck" preventing a new SIM from being ordered.

Have you been able to login on the Three App or main Three website to try the steps @MZone described? If there's an error with ordering the SIM in store and on the App, then customer services should be able to help get this sorted out for you. Assuming there is a stuck order on the account, they won't be able to order the SIM immediately, but they should be able to have our Service Desks investigate and fix the underlying issue, then get your SIM posted once this is sorted out.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Thanks,
Jonathan