cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming query/call forwarding

Mopees
Regular

Hi all

I have a 3 sim and O2 sim. Going abroad to an EU destination. 3 will charge me but O2 it's free. 

I read some threads on here but just want to check i have got it right. 

If i turn the 3 sim off/take it out the phone but forward the calls to the O2 sim before i go, then any calls i get to my 3 sim will fwd to O2 without incurring any roaming charges? I can take it with me just don't turn it on or connect to local network so keep roaming off on 3 sim and just switch roaming on the O2 sim? Not bothered about sms just calls. I don't want to leave it at home just in case i need it for some emergency at least i have it with me and can activate roaming if needed for whatever reason. 

I just turn all calls forwarding to O2 sim. Don't need to do anything with Voicemail settings?

Thanks in advance!

Best solution
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Yes, as long as your Three SIM does not connect to the overseas network at any point, it's last connection would remain the Three UK network, and calls would be diverted by Three to your O2 phone normally. My recommendation is to either remove the SIM, or disable it, as turning off the roaming on the SIM settings page usually still allows the phone to connect to the local network, but just doesn't allow you to use services directly yourself, but would likely impact your divert. 

If you're diverting calls to the o2 SIM, you won't need to worry about changing additional Voicemail settings since calls will not be diverting to Voicemail. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

2 REPLIES 2
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Yes, as long as your Three SIM does not connect to the overseas network at any point, it's last connection would remain the Three UK network, and calls would be diverted by Three to your O2 phone normally. My recommendation is to either remove the SIM, or disable it, as turning off the roaming on the SIM settings page usually still allows the phone to connect to the local network, but just doesn't allow you to use services directly yourself, but would likely impact your divert. 

If you're diverting calls to the o2 SIM, you won't need to worry about changing additional Voicemail settings since calls will not be diverting to Voicemail. 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Mopees
Regular

Great.  Thanks I was going to disable the sim completely yes then just divert 3 to O2 sim in phone settings and just keep the 02 sim on while I'm there but do the above before leaving the UK so the 3 sim last remains connected in UK. 

Thanks