cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently moved, now my mobile service is awful/non-existent

EmileRudd
Fledgling

Hi,

I recently moved from Birmingham to a WV16 postcode. My service is now awful/non-existent on my phone, either getting 3G only or no service at all. I looked online and it says the area is meant to have good 4G service. Does anyone know whether there is a fix to this? Or maybe the service is just non existent in the area I’ve moved to? If so, I’ve got a year left on my contract so it would be very problematic.

Thanks,

Emile

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Maestro

Check out the Network Status Checker, as this will shed light on any work going on in the area or reported issues 3 are aware of.

EmileRudd
Fledgling

Hi, thanks for the response. I had a check and the 4G is meant to be up and running fine 😕

3Gbusters
Fledgling

After looking up your area, you live in a 3G only area meaning that the mast that covers your area only has 3G on it.

Your local mast's location is : Brown Clee Hill, Ditton Priors, Shropshire, England, WV16 6SX

Three sometimes overestimate their coverage checkers which might explain why you didn't get the 4G signal you've hoped for.

Your local mast at Brown Clee Hill, Ditton Priors, Shropshire, England, WV16 6SX has got 4G on all other mobile providers. EE shows to have the best 4G specification so you might want to consider that option once your contract ends.