cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Roam Around the World

tarantella
Involved

In Go Roam Around the World destinations outside of Europe (USA, Australia,  Hong Kong etc) Three customers cannot call numbers in the country they are in, without being charged £1.40 per minute.

These types of calls aren't included in the £5 daily charge.

Why is this?

EE, o2 and Vodafone allow all their customers to call numbers in the (non-European) country they are visiting. 

When will Three allow this?

4 REPLIES 4
sc1999
Local celebrity

One answer is money, money, money. Another is it depends on what deal they have negotiated with local carriers.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tarantella,

We'll pass your feedback on. Roaming agreements have a commercial cost to Three so we have to make the difficult decisions on what usage is covered by the daily charges. Go Roam has always been intended to allow you to use the service as you would at home, so international calls aren't currently covered by this, as they wouldn't be in the UK either. We do cover European calls whilst in Go Roam in Europe destinations though. 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Stephennoel
Fledgling

I have the same issue in that i am unable to call landline numbers in Jersey Channel Islands which is classed as part of Great Britain why are these numbers being blocked 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stephennoel,

Are we talking about using a UK Three line whilst you're in Jersey, or making a call from the UK to a Jersey phone number? When you say blocked, are you unable to make calls to Jersey numbers, or as the original poster described are you questioning why these numbers are chargeable?

I appreciate where you're coming from but the Channel Islands aren't part of Great Britain, they're defined as a crown dependency, so they're legally distinct and have their own networks. But not to get sidetracked here, if you can clarify what's happening in a bit more detail, I'll do my best to help.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.