cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS service ?

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Wondering if MMS will ever be a free service? ( as mostly with iPhone use iMessage so not used ) but somethings useful when sending to Android devices, yet charges high for MMS ( ps/ likes of Vodafone, do have some MMS included ) - thoughts,,,,,, 

4 REPLIES 4
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey Clever-Trevor,

There's no current plans to include MMS on plans that I'm aware of. Discussion and suggestions for how to improve our offerings are always welcome here though.

The feature isn't too extensively used these days to my knowledge. As you've mentioned iMessage covers sending images with your data allowance/WiFi, and you can also use various 3rd party messaging apps too, for those situations where you're contacting friends that use Android.

We'd love to see other user's thoughts on this. Do we still use MMS today? What other services are we using?

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Clever-Trevor
Involved

Thanks,

I feel MMS is too expensive so most opt to find an alternative. 

Its a pity, that much lime SMS of years gone; we were charged, now is not - that MMS could not say have 50 included in plans…… 

dksglen
Active

Quite often have sent MMS accidentally to others, via iMessage. Can make quite a difference to the monthly bill. Agree, they should have some included on allowance. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Ah, that's a frustrating one. An option that might help you is to place a spend limit or cap onto your account. This will cause the MMS to fail if you send one by accident. It helped me as I often just sent them by accident.