cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile roaming in Turkey

Neil272
Fledgling

I'm going to turkey next week. Will I be able to use my mobile phone? I will need it as soon as I land so buying a local SIM won't be possible.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update, Turkey is covered by our new expansion to Go Roam. You can read more here: Introducing Go Roam Around the World Extra 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

5 REPLIES 5
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update, Turkey is covered by our new expansion to Go Roam. You can read more here: Introducing Go Roam Around the World Extra 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Daviebhoy1967
Fledgling

Good morning.  I'm planning a trip to Turkey shortly and I'm on a 2 year sim only deal with 3.  May I ask what is my daily allowance for my trip?  I seen 12gb mentioned but unsure if that is for the duration of my trip or if it is 12gb daily?  And will this be charged at £2 daily to unlock or part of my 56 days roaming pass?  Many thanks,  David

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Daviebhoy1967,

You can find more info about this on our Roaming Destination checker. Turkey is included in Go Roam Around the World Extra. Currently this means that Pay Monthly customers who joined or renewed with Three on or after the 1st October 2021 can unlock their allowances for £7 per day, buy a roaming pass add on, or if you have a Value or Complete plan you should have some inclusive passes as part of your plan.

There's not a daily allowance, but there is a fair use policy that you can use to 12GB of your UK data allowances per billing month. So the 12GB resets at the same time as your normal UK allowances do.

More info here: Introducing Go Roam Around the World Extra 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Daviebhoy1967
Fledgling

Many thanks