Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring a number to a new three contract

Egotwisted
Fledgling

Here's the situation...

My contract is up for renewal, but Three can't offer a competitive contract with the phone, data and contract length I want (unfortunately not even close).

Instead, I've found a third party vendor that offers a significantly better deal, also on Three.

From what I understand, I wouldn't be able to port my number directly to the new contract SIM (was told by a customer support rep) as it can't be transferred between Three contracts.

So... the question is this:

If I port my number to a cheap Pay As You Go SIM on another network and then immediately across to my new Three contract, would that work? Has anyone got experience of this?

Best solution
Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

I believe the answer is yes, there have been several posts about this. 2 things to check: how quickly the new network will allow to port out and if any prepayment is required. It may be cheaper to find a cheap monthly contract.

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
Best solution
sc1999
Local celebrity

I believe the answer is yes, there have been several posts about this. 2 things to check: how quickly the new network will allow to port out and if any prepayment is required. It may be cheaper to find a cheap monthly contract.

Kyra
Fledgling

Hi, I am also having the same issue. 
Please can you advise if this worked for you? and how long you had to wait between changing it to PAYG and then to your new contract? 

Kyra
Fledgling

Hi, I am also having the same issue. 
Please can you advise if this worked for you? and how long you had to wait between changing it to PAYG and then to your new contract?