cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DATA

M-C-1610
Fledgling

I am away with my children on holiday in Bulgaria I have got the data roaming pass paid £12 for I have 4 bar on yettle bg but no data we were supposed to be going out today but I would of used data to use the sat nav but I can’t as the is no data I had the same issue with this in New York last year sort it out Three otherwise I will change providers as it is not fit for purpose 

4 REPLIES 4
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

Oh no, that's not so good. If you already have the Pass purchased, and you have a network connection, it would seem to indicate that you've done everything that would be needed to get it working. Are your calls and texts working OK? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JusByf
Fledgling

Do the APN settings need to be changed?  three.co.uk or 3internet may not work with the carrier you are connected to.  

Just a thought,

JB

Unhappywith3
Regular

I have the exact same problem, purchased a 7 day go roam package, have no data and can only receive calls, can’t dial out or send texts. My step daughter is also with 3 and she received a text on arrival saying pass activated. Feeling let down, 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Unhappywith3,

Sorry to hear that you've been experiencing these issues with your roaming data. If you're able to receive calls still that sounds like you do have roaming active on the account itself. And if the incoming calls are coming through, it's really odd that you can't use these other features.

Just to clarify, your step daughter is able to use her Go Roam passes, or is she also having the same issues?

With calling or texting from abroad, some phones may have an issue if the numbers are saved in your contacts with "0" at the start, I'd suggest to try 0044 or +44 instead of the first 0 if that's the case.

Data wise, assuming "mobile data" and "data roaming" are on in the settings, I'd also suggest to check your phone for "carrier" or "network" selection. This will be on automatic by default, but if you try manual selection instead, you can choose to connect to other local networks with coverage in case one of these works. If you do this, make sure to pop network selection back to automatic if you visit another destination, or when you return to the UK.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.