Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Issues - 01/12/2023

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Everyone,

A number of customers may be experiencing issues with our network. We are aware of what the issue is and our engineers are working to fix it as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, please refrain from starting new threads about network issues in the meantime, I expect this will be the same issue in most cases and the service will be restored as soon as possible.

All the new threads created about this today will be merged onto this one so that we can update you all accordingly.

Thanks,
Jonathan

**Update 02/12/2023 1125**

Following yesterday’s network issue the majority of services have been restored.
We’re still seeing a small number of customers not connecting correctly to our network and our engineers are working to fully fix this.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

**Update 02/12/2023 1630**

Following yesterday’s network issue services have now been fully restored. If anyone is still having an issue, they should fully restart their device to reconnect to our network. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

141 REPLIES 141
SJM1
Fledgling

Hi I still have no network in Aberdeen can’t make calls or anything . 

tarantella
Rising star

Why did Wificalling not work on 1st December?

This service means that customers can still make and receive calls and texts, even if there is a network outage.

Why were customers left without any access to calls or SMS all day?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are two networks, the radio network (3G, 4G and 5G) that connects your phone to the mast and the data network, that carries data between masts and out to the internet.  Everything is going over the data network these days (ie calls, texts and data) The problem was the core data network wasn't working properly and therefore affected calls, texts and data.  Wifi calling wouldn't work as this also needs the core network to be up and running in order to establish the connection. 

Bobble2020
Fledgling

Continued issues with 5G broadband since Friday, internet unusable for 90% of the day affecting work and causing unexpected travel costs.
The issue from Friday is clearly not resolved as reflected by the volumes on Doendetector and ongoing comments. Last Thursday was able to get a max of 240mbps with a consistent 150mbps, as of today the speed is 2-4mbps. This is in the Worcestershire area

Disgruntled
Fledgling

Nearly a month on and.......

umeshracing
Fledgling

New Years day 2024. Struggling with intermittent loss of 5G data. Currently getting 0.47 Mbps. Usually get 80-100 Mbps. This has has been an issue for the last 4 days. I will be working tomorrow and need that 5G for data connectivity. What is your plan? Of no plan then we leave and find a reliable provider. I note that both the web 0age and app make it incred8bly difficult to report issues which really aggravates, adding insult to injury. 

Munaza
Fledgling

I am new to Three and right now have no service on my phone! Its 1Feb 2024 and no coverage from 3. This is impacting my work and evrythinb as I am unable to get security verified. This is causing hige issue for me! 

Lawrenr
Regular

Hi Jonathan 

I have long term poor coverage at home. The checker says there is no faults  and I have tested 2 other locations within 2 miles of home on many occasions, with 3 different phone models . All locations are listed on the 3 coverage checker as excellent for 4g. Coverage is in fact non existent- you can’t make a phone call or a basic data operation like fetching an email. When I raised this with 3 they said the coverage is excellent because the coverage checker says so!! Does any authority check 3s claims?

PeeBee
Regular

'A small number of customers' is completely untrue. Take a look at down detector. There are 50% more reports of outage this afternoon then there were yesterday evening. I had no service yesterday and none this afternoon.

Will this ever be fixed.

I'm leaving Three next time, BTW.

ElaM
Regular

Service in NP7 has not been restored.