cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network Roaming

Grace1
Fledgling

Hi I’m in Nigeria and my line is not going through please help.

1 REPLY 1
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, Nigeria is not on Go Roam list so call and data are all charged for. Have you turned on roaming?

Check roaming is turned on in your account

International roaming will be activated automatically on your account. You can double-check your roaming settings in your My3 account on your computer or on your phone:

1. Go to your International Settings section in My3.
  2. Log in using your phone number and password.
  3. You'll find the information under the "Using your phone abroad" and "Using your internet abroad" sections.

You'll also need to make sure that data roaming is turned on in your device's settings if you want to use data abroad.

As all calls and data are chargeable it is best advised to check your spend cap. I think it is set a £50 but check. Also, I think, if you have an outstanding balance then this may be considered part of you spending cap so no credit left my mean no calls.

Next if all of the above is okay your phone may not be automatically selecting the network. According to 3's website your options are: Etisalat and MTN Nigeria (no texts with MTN). You can manually select the network by going to phone settings, connections, mobile networks and Network operators.

I hope that something here helps.