cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network issues for over 1 week in Darlington

Al3
Fledgling

There's been very little coverage and slow speeds in Darlington town centre for almost a week now. What is going on?. There's no service coming from the mast atop Northgate house, instead I'm relying on sub 1mbit band 20 from distant masts like the one on senhouse road.

I know MBNL have been served a Notice To Quit for the Northgate House mast and have had permission for a new mast on the hospital roof, but surely the old one wouldn't be switched off before the new one was built. EE is still working fine at the moment.

7 REPLIES 7
sc1999
Local celebrity

It may be that they are moving the equipment. try contacting the social media team as they seem to have access to more info than most.

Al3
Fledgling

Why would they move legacy Samsung equipment from the old mast, surely it would make more sense to use new Ericsson hardware to keep the site future proof and enable 5g. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Assuming they have new kit. Judging by the way 3 seem to be struggling to keep up I would not be surprised if they are recycling. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Al3,

Are you still experiencing these issues? If so please let me know and I'll see if I can point you to more help with this.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Al3
Fledgling

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I can get 3g now although it is painfully slow / useless. Still no 4g

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Al3,

Glad to hear there's been a little progress, but that does sound like a really frustrating situation to deal with. I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that can check into this further, and what options we can give to help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Al3
Fledgling

Is there any update on this situation. The site is still off and there is a complete lack of 4g coverage in the area as is now shown by your coverage checker. There has still been no work on the proposed mast atop the local hospital and since then another replacement mast has been approved on top of Regent House which also hasn't been installed yet.