cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great service vs Rubbish service

tarantella
Involved

I have a Samsung Galaxy A52 5G.  My wife has the A53 5G. 

Both phones are on Three UK.

I have great 5g and really fast data speeds.

My wife's data speeds are much slower, and she doesn't get 5g.

I have checked and double-checked the settings on her phone (a newer phone than mine) , and all the settings match, and are set up correctly. 

Can anybody help?

@JonathanB   ???

3 REPLIES 3
Avondale
Rising star

Although the A53 is a year newer than the A52, the reviews suggest that it was a downgrade. Take a look at the tests on GSM Arena and you'll see what I mean.

I am not sure whether or not that's the problem. 

Incidentally, the A54 is fabulous and is currently on offer when bought direct from Samsung.  

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tarantella,

Sorry for the delay in picking up this post. That's a really unusual situation. The reception from one phone to the next can vary a bit but I'm taking this as the A53 just doesn't get 5G anywhere?

I doubt it'll be a SIM/Account issue but I'd swap the two SIMs round as that's a really quick way to be certain it's the A53's software or hardware that's to blame, if the issue does follow the SIM then please let me know though.

Next check for software updates, and if this doesn't help I think the next best option is a factory reset. Following this I'd suggest checking in with Samsung support assuming you're still in warranty with them.

Please let me know if any of this helps

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

tarantella
Involved

All sorted now. There were two issues that were rectified: a faulty sim,  and one toggle in a settings menu that was off that should have been on. The missus now has great 5g like I do: long may it continue!