cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News on whether the 200mb per month reward SIM is coming back?

Winky
Fledgling

As of Monday for me, my 200mb Data Reward free monthly data allowance stopped working when I was told to re-register. This was supposed to be continuing "for life" to existing members. 

A thread was made here two months ago but there seemed no update on whether it's gone for good or any chance of it coming back:

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Used-to-have-the-free-200M-data-sim-but-it-stopped-without-...

Does anyone have any update now? 

I'm likely going to need to change provider if this is staying gone, as I was using that as a good buffer for when I'm not connected to WiFi, so any positive news would make me stay. Even some confirmation that 3 has changed their mind about the "for life" part would be useful too. 

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
mattc
Regular

Adding my annoyance to this thread (and likely the other thread too). I was baffled as to how both my kids were using all their top-up credit when they just use it for the occasional text & call, plus where did all their data go... then I discovered this thread.

This is an extremely frustrating and appalling customer experience from Three.

There were no comms at all from Three on this change to the 'lifetime' 200Mb.

It ended up with my kids not being able to make calls or send txt when they were on a school trip due to it rapidly going through their credit from data usage which we weren't expecting. It's taken quite a lot of digging to discover they've removed this 200Mb data allowance; it's totally unacceptable behaviour by Three.

ChrisAO
Active

Yes, the other thread is the one with the latest information.