cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News on whether the 200mb per month reward SIM is coming back?

Winky
Fledgling

As of Monday for me, my 200mb Data Reward free monthly data allowance stopped working when I was told to re-register. This was supposed to be continuing "for life" to existing members. 

A thread was made here two months ago but there seemed no update on whether it's gone for good or any chance of it coming back:

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Used-to-have-the-free-200M-data-sim-but-it-stopped-without-...

Does anyone have any update now? 

I'm likely going to need to change provider if this is staying gone, as I was using that as a good buffer for when I'm not connected to WiFi, so any positive news would make me stay. Even some confirmation that 3 has changed their mind about the "for life" part would be useful too. 

Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
pwalk
Active

As the author of the original thread, I will add my voice here too. Still waiting for update. Very unhelpful of Three not to give us any update or official notification so far, not to mention them going back on the "for life" promise.

CrumbsOnCarpet
Regular

Adding my response here as I'm having the same issue and it has been frustrating. Hopefully we get an update soon.

droid5555
Regular

Pigs were seen flying recently or so I'm told.

Data now costs 10p per Mb + £2/day (europe) £5/day (other go roam destinations

30 day bundles far more expensive than their standard Payg sims. Still attract daily roaming charge.

They are a joke

Markander
Regular

Would opening more threads about this (or making them longer) give the issue more visibility? Is talking to agents increasing the likelihood something might come out of it?
I guess in term of formal actions, @pwalk and others were considering opening a case with a Comms Ombud, and also maybe compiling a OFCOM feedback form/complaint, but since apparently Three UK has always had the right to withdraw their "for life" offer (nothing more transitory than that) not sure about their efficacy.
I didn't even get the 10 quid bribe

ChrisAO
Active

Just thought I'd register on the community (which I thought I'd done yonks ago but there we are) and provided a bit of an update with some info, a couple of things here first before gong to what seems like the main thread on this https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Used-to-have-the-free-200M-data-sim-but-it-stopped-without-...

Absolutely no point in creating multiple threads, it just confuses the situation for everyone with the varied comments and information that may appear!

@droid5555 Whilst we are all extremely annoyed about what has happened, you've made a couple of remarks that aren't 100%, I'll comment more in the other thread.

lukefowler2023
Fledgling

i had one of these sims in the past, when i tried to use it at the start of 2023 the sim had been disconnected 

shawny
Regular

Maybe BBC's One Show, WatchDog segment will take up the story

ChrisAO
Active

@Winky When did you last look at that thread? See page 10 if you haven't looked recently.

Winky
Fledgling

Thanks for the alert, it's good to see the community is still pursuing it though it's coming up to nearly half a year since that thread was made. When I started this thread, it was in the hope that it would spark some more response from the support team really, as they said that they would provide an update in that thread all that time ago. 

I know some people said that it was no surprise as 3 probably weren't making much money from these sims, though...pay-as-you-go rates for calls and texts are not cheap. I still used the sim for the occasional call. 3 would have made just as much or more from a customer making one 20-minute PAYG call a month than they would with a monthly contract.

So in my circumstances at least, it surely can't have proved to be a strong benefit for them to take it away, as I haven't used them since.