cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Abroad

ridvandnmz
Fledgling

Hi,

I am now at Svalbard,Norway. Today I was using my data pack as usual. Then suddenly even I have 4G connection, I am not able to connect to internet. When I check my remaining data I still have 46GB. I was using this SIM all around the Europe last month without any problem, but now it’s not working. As I said in the morning it was working fine.

I really need urgent help, since I’m a seaman this SIM card is really important to me to connect with the family.

4 REPLIES 4
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ridvandnmz,

Just to check you're using PAYG?

It sounds like you may have reached the fair use limit for your Go Roam data. This is 12GB per month, with any further data beyond this there is a surcharge of 0.3p/MB so you'd need some cash credit topped up beyond your data pack if this is the case. Normally you'll receive a text to advise of this.

There's more detailed info available in our price guides.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

sc1999
Local celebrity

Oops, I thought it was 12gb per day!

ridvandnmz
Fledgling

Hi again,

Since I purchased 50gb PAYG and remaining data is 46gb, I used only 4gb this month.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ridvandnmz,

Thanks for clarifying this. The other fair use limit we have is roaming for more than 2 complete months in 12, if you'd triggered that limit then you wouldn't be able to call or text either, so if it's just data affected then this may be a technical issue.

The next thing I'd suggest to try is manually connecting to alternative local providers. This can vary a bit depending on your phone's software.

For iPhones you should have a "carrier" option in settings, and if you toggle the automatic setting off, then wait for the list of available networks to load, you should be able to change which network's signal you're connecting to. 

Androids vary quite a bit more in wording but usually you're looking in settings for "Network and Internet", SIMs, make sure roaming is active, then turn "Automatically select network" off, then the option to Choose Network should become available.

If you try selecting any available networks one by one, hopefully you should get access to data again.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here