cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Network KY3

SStuart62
Fledgling

Just been into a 3 store in Kircaldy Fife to complain about my 4G signal in Burntisland.  When I was there. 2 other people were also complaining re lack of service. I spoke to them as the assistant was about to go through the motions of providing them with a replacement SIM. They also were from Burntisland and had the exact issues I was complaining about. Lack of service, In a call I can hear someone but they can't hear me. Network drops out, I get Network Service State Disconnected frequently.

I have had a replacement SIM which didn't make any difference in multiple phones.

The assistant did say that the cell was heavily used and adjacent cells were the same but he can't do anything about this and to complain through Three support.

Has anyone else dealt with anything like this as to me Three don't seem to care. They are throwing more and more subscribers onto their creeking 4G network in the area without having the capacity to deal with it. 3, Smarty, ID and others use this cell. I'm sure there are other MVNOs that also piggyback. Is there anything other than change operator that can be done to make this situation better? I'm hoping 3 reply to this.

5 REPLIES 5
MZone
Maestro

Check out the Network Status Checker, as this will shed light on any work going on in the area or reported issues 3 are aware of.

SStuart62
Fledgling

No reported issues, assistant told me 3 4G coverage was good on the map. Obviously not if 3 people from the same area are complaining at the same time. As I said, there is 1 cell covering the town, Vodafone has 2 and EE has 3. I know there are blackspots but moving around doesn't make this better. Cell is either not working properly or congested. 

MZone
Maestro

Call 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 to discuss your issue with tech support they usually have more info than what’s on the network status checker page. 

EastonEast
Fledgling

I am in the same situation!  I have had good service with Three for many years, but in the last 6 months or so, absolutely no service.  My phone is useless around town, no data, calls, messages, connection to the internet when walking around (i.e. away from wifi).  I have complained in the shop, online chat, Whatsapp chat etc. 

After many 'busy network' excuses, I got this update:  

Device Info -Apple iPhone 14 pro.
The user has been facing signal issues for since Last 4 months
Coverage Layer - The user is in a moderate coverage area for 4G.
Service, Latching, Nearest Sites, etc: FFE051
The user is facing a signal issue, CEM logs confirm that the user is latching onto FFE051.
According to Metricell, the best server for the user is FFE051 for 4G network for the affected postcode KY3.
Affected Post Code : KY3

Analysis :

According to Metricell, the best server for the user is FFE051 for 4G network for the affected postcode KY3.
As per MIST serving site is 1.3km away from user.
Observed good L800 indoor coverage and good outdoor coverage .
Observed good L1800 indoor coverage and poor outdoor coverage .
No coverage issue observed.
Issue post code is near the water body area. Customer may be experiencing coverage issue due to reflected signal.

Latest is that the team are working to upgrade the network in the area but there is no time scales available. 

AJ147
Active

Dont believe a word of it, they say it's a network issue and they are repairing it and that they will update you in 4 days, guess what, I still have garbage speeds and never got my update, leave them, i did, went to EE, and so far so good.