Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No WiFi calling option

grumpybear
Fledgling

Hi all, 

I have an unlocked LG G8S ThinQ mobile. Strangely there is no  WiFi calling option  on my mobile.  Three tells me that my phone is not compatible with Three's WiFi Calling service and that I should to contact LG for software or firmware to enable WiFi calling. (My software is up to date by the way.)

LG tells me that WiFi calling is not available on unlocked phones. If Three doesn't support WiFi calling on my LG phone, then it is not possible to have WiFi calling - it isn't something which LG can enable with software or firmware. Is that right?

I understand that "Three In Touch app" has discontinued. 

Is there a way to get around this problem? I need WiFi calling as I work in an office with no reception.

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi grumpybear,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm sorry to hear that the WiFi calling option isn't accessible on your handset. I've raised this query for further investigation. It may be helpful if you can share the software version you have installed, and can confirm you've updated to the latest version.

JonathanB

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi again @grumpybear,

I got a reply on this much faster than expected.

Unfortunately it would need to be a change on LG's side to enable WiFi calling on a future software update for your handset. It's not impossible to use WiFi calling on unlocked handsets, our WiFi calling is supported on most Openmarket Android devices.

However, LG would need to build and release software for this, so I assume it's not their policy to customise the software updates in this manner.

JonathanB

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!