cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection on Mobile data

SOndercin
Fledgling

Hey, I’ve been having this issue for the past 2 weeks ever since coming back from a holiday abroad, internet worked completely fine before the holiday. Mobile roaming is on and connected I can see the 4G/5G symbol on the top of the screen (I’m on a iPhone). I’ve tried literally everything to fix this and don’t know how to proceed. I’ll list the attempted fixes here: 1. Phone ON/OFF. 2. Airplane mode ON/OFF. 3. A full Network settings reset 4. Factory reset the phone. 5. Called 3 about the issue and got sent a new simcard which didn’t solve the issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi there. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

I'm sorry you're having issues with the connection since returning, it seems quite strange that it would happen as you return to the UK. 

It looks like you've already tried a good few things to get round the issue. Did you make any changes to your settings or the account at all before you travelled? Can you confirm what's actually happening when you try to visit a webpage while on mobile internet? 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

AshS1
Fledgling

I have this problem too. New SIM has not fixed it. Came back from France ydy, got new SIM 4 hours ago, can phone with it but no mobile data. Should I switch to another network?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AshS1,

Sorry we didn't pick up on your post there. It looks like you've commented on quite an old thread. Did you manage to get this sorted in the meantime? Let us know if you're still needing any help with this, or if you did manage to find a solution please let us know what happened, it might be helpful for other users in the future.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

jaluc61
Fledgling

Having same issue no mobile data since returning from France any solution ?

Mamcleod
Regular

I have the same issue, new SIM not fixed the issue. Did you get a solution?

Stozzy84
Fledgling

I’ve got the same issue. The night before returning from abroad. Got a text saying I had used my data allowance (argue that point later)

since coming back. No internet connection. I get push notifications but nothing when I try to action it through the app. 

I’m on an unlimited plan but I have noticed that my “data left” on the allowance bar on the app states that it’s “empty” - 

I think this is a glitch when you’ve used a lot of data aboard, I think you then have no data till the plan resets on its usual monthly date.

tech support deny this, I will update on 2nd December when plan resets. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Stozzy84,

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to use data since returning home. Your allowance for using whilst roaming is separate from your UK data but we'd definitely like to take a closer look in case we can find a solution before your plan refreshes, as we can appreciate how disruptive this must be.

I'll PM you a link to some colleagues who can check this out.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

nwharmby
Regular

Is there any solution to this yet? I have just returned from Berlin and had exactly the same problem. Tried everything suggested so far, several times and my account is showing 65% left of my data allowance.

Mb09
Fledgling

I have just returned from Spain and have the same problem.  I have missed some important messages when out working and nothing I have tried fixes it