cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No internet connection on Mobile data

SOndercin
Fledgling

Hey, I’ve been having this issue for the past 2 weeks ever since coming back from a holiday abroad, internet worked completely fine before the holiday. Mobile roaming is on and connected I can see the 4G/5G symbol on the top of the screen (I’m on a iPhone). I’ve tried literally everything to fix this and don’t know how to proceed. I’ll list the attempted fixes here: 1. Phone ON/OFF. 2. Airplane mode ON/OFF. 3. A full Network settings reset 4. Factory reset the phone. 5. Called 3 about the issue and got sent a new simcard which didn’t solve the issue. Any advice would be appreciated.

19 REPLIES 19
nwharmby
Regular

I had a very similar problem. I went to Berlin over the weekend. Roaming and mobile data working perfectly over there. Got home and mobile data was not working. Worked fine on WiFi.

Tried everything from several threads, and rest absolutely everything, nothing. Called Customer service and tried a couple of things, still nothing.

Got really flummoxed when I swapped my sim with a friend’s phone (iPhone). His sim worked in my phone, and my sim in his 🤦‍♂️. Put my sim back in my phone and same problem occurred.

Finally, took it to the Three Shop and they sorted it in 2 mins. I have a VPN installed and it was constantly trying to connect, essentially blocking the mobile data from connecting. Something to do with it being in Berlin settings and my phone being on uk. Phone didn’t like it.

You have to DELETE the VPN profile, not just switch it off, or the problem continues. I’ve reinstalled it and all is fine. Hope this helps.

Big up to Nathan at the Warrington store. 

Loopypthree
Fledgling

The solution nwharmby suggested worked for me. I had exact same problem, worked fine and I had used streaming abroad, but upon return home only calls would work. I had installed a vpn a while ago and cancelled it and uninstalled from my phone. But… I didn’t realise that under settings>general>vpn device management it had kept a record of it. I have deleted it and everything worked again after I turned my phone off and on again. Thank you!

izakravitz
Fledgling

Man, god bless u! I've been on the phone with Three a few times, tried all the steps you have mentioned apart from the VPN and was going absolutely nuts as I really rely on my phone's data, I don't use wifi at home so I was basically off the grid for the past week after I came back from Poland. Just tried the trick with the VPN and I'm back online. I also was meant to visit one of the shops but I'm so glad I've read your comment here. Too damn bad Three is unable to help somehow. 

xina
Fledgling

Hey I have same problem how to fixed it? i am so frustrated. No internet since I came from holiday. I had call customer service, visited three store and even tried all the process to connect to the internet, still problem is not fixed.

Daniele
Fledgling

I paid for my plan and my internet doesn't work and I can't make calls

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @Daniele,

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that.

Are you a Pay Monthly customer or Pay As You Go? Have you tried restarting the device and toggling on/off airplane mode?

If the issue is still persisting afterwards, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Service team, as they'll be able to run some tests on the account and troubleshoot the issue. 

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Venu
Fledgling

Hey, My internet is not working from past 5 days. I have balance data of 4.1 GB in my account but still it is not working even after multiple restarts and switch off and on my mobile.. I reached out Customer care and they did not give me the solution.. literally feeling so bad at the service.. 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, Venu. 

That's disappointing to hear. Did the team you spoke to advise what the issue might be? Did they also verify how much Data was left? 

If you haven't tried it already, and if you're still having issues, it might be worth trying to reset the network settings on the phone to see if that makes any difference. 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JOC1981
Fledgling

Just got back from Cyprus. Got a message last night a couple of hours before heading to the airport saying my data was out (I'm on a fully unlimited package but get the overseas use part). Tried paying £5 for a 1 day pass, still no data. Used WiFi in the airport fine. Got back to the UK today (night flight) and no UK data. Got a text off 3 saying now in a new billing cycle, but still no connection even though 4G / 5G showing. Tried live chat on WiFi but jost got told too busy and try again later, not even an option to join a queue. Not at all impressed.

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @JOC1981,

I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble getting connected since returning to the UK.

Could you reset your network settings in the device and let me know if this gets you back up and running, please?

Thanks,

Kate