cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal despite coverage checker

Jsand
Fledgling

Hi all. I wondered how I complain to 3 about misrepresentation on their coverage map. Does anyone know please? I've tried a couple of routes and nothing has come up. 

I live in PE28 and the coverage map says excellent 4G. However, I can barely use my phone for calls in the area, and although it occasionally has the 4G sign, I can't use data. I would have got a contract with another provider if the coverage map was correct, but I am locked into my contract now unfortunately. 

Thanks a lot

1 REPLY 1
sc1999
Local celebrity

Below is a link to the OFCOM coverage checker which goes down to the individual address. According to 3 I should get good 4g indoors and out, I don't and OFCOM checker agrees. In the end I got 3 to accept the problem and they have given me a monthly credit for the duration of my contract and I can live with this.

Also check the network status checker to see if there is a problem in your area.

Try contacting the social media team and see what they can do.

OFCOM Broadband and mobile coverage checker - Ofcom

3 Social media Social media webchat | Support | Three

Network Status Checker Network Status Checker - check your signal and get support | Three

PS: all networks work by postcode area despite OFCOM offering and API so networks could be more specific with their coverage checker.