cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal since Sunday

kelper
Regular

When I check the network status for my postcode, I get a vague and unhelpful message.

"We’re sorry for any disruption you experience. Our engineers are working on masts nearby, which means the rest of our network is handling more traffic than usual."

I am not interested in whether other users are getting a slower service, I just would like to know when the local mast work might be completed!  My postcode is KW14 ***.  Chat support has offered a week's refund but I really wanted some news from the horse's mouth.

Outdide my home I occasionally get a weak signal but it is unreliable.  My phone has VoWiFi but it does not work well as the other party can never hear me, so it is only useful for receiving text messages.

Best solution
Best solution
kelper
Regular

I've cancelled my plan with THREE.  I could get a SIM only deal for 4Gb at £5 a month with Simply instead of £17 for 4Gb, with THREE.  Ironically, SIMPLY is owned by THREE.  

View solution in conversation

12 REPLIES 12
sc1999
Local celebrity

Try calling customer service and keep pushing buttons until you get through to a human but don't be too surprised if they can't help.

kelper
Regular

Do you think I might get through to a person in the UK?  The chat agent obviously had no access to any info about mast work and wasted twenty minutes.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @kelper,

Welcome to the Three Community.

I'm sorry to hear the signal has been letting you down the last few days, I know this can be really frustrating especially when there's no clear indication of when the issues will be resolved.

Before any credit would have been offered the team are required to enter information about the issues you are facing, and the location. A diagnostic system gives them indications of the fault and if any estimated date can be given, so it doesn't sound like an estimate was available.

Let me know if you've still not had an update next week, if you're still not seeing any improvements then I can look into further options.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

kelper
Regular

The chat agent says he was running diagnostics, but that did not seem to give him any information.  My SIM only costs me £17 a month and he has credited me a quarter of that for the inconvenience 😂.  But thanks, I will contact you next week if there is still no signal.

kelper
Regular

The signal was restored by Saturday morning but I never received the promised text message (even though I have VoWiFi.)  The network status just said, "Our systems haven’t reported any network problems." as if we hadn't had no signal for six days.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @kelper,

I'm glad to hear this has been sorted., although that's disappointing you didn't get an official message back. I'll keep an eye out for any other reports of these texts failing to arrive. Let me know if you run into any further issues.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Morbeous
Fledgling

Ive had this exact issue in my area WN3 ***.  I got a PAYG sim to check how 3 is compared to my current provider.  3 wins everywhere I have been except at home where its unusable!!  3 weeks now ive had this exact message whilst checking Network Status.  If I cant get signal at home not much point in switching

kelper
Regular

I think for anyone living in the sticks, as I do, all the networks use the same masts.  I'm shopping around now not to get a better signal, but to get better support.  This community is good but 3's phone and chat support is lousy, even worse than BTB broadband!  BT Business has good community mods who sort problems but Tech Support is farmed out to India and the guys there do their best but can't solve anything beyond account stuff.

sc1999
Local celebrity

I have line of sight to an EE mast but 3 are definately not on it.