cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with network service

dontknow
Regular

Hello everyone. I recently switched to 3 from  Voxi and i have to say I’m very disappointed with the network here in London. 5G is good but as soon as it switches to 4G (ie most of the time) the data becomes painfully slow.

I would like to ask if anyone else is having similar problems? If you are has it always been like this for you or is it a more recent/temporary issue?

Speed test yesterday showed 0.4Mb/s download speeds (in London!?)…I couldn’t even load up a website. With Vodafone I honestly never had such problems, I never even used to think about data speeds as they were always really reliable. Even more weird is how the tests actually started at about 15Mb/s and then would immediately drop to below 1. Is this some kind of hidden throttling for PAYG?

I had a chat with CS about this. The advisor kept sending unrelated messages (i could tell it was all pre scripted), blaming my phone for the issues even though everything turned out to be set up correctly and it’s a fairly good phone (iPhone 13) and then they  started passing me to other departments. I just ended the chat. They made it quite obvious that it’s the network’s fault but just wouldn’t admit it. 

Im on a PAYG plan and I’ll give it until the rest of the month to see how I eventually find things but my initial experience is not too great. I’ve been with Three in the past and I remember it working fine back then in the same places. What happened??

Also, pay monthly customers are you not annoyed at having to pay £2/5 a day for Go Roam while PAYG have it for free? It seems quite unfair. 

Btw as I don’t want to sound too negative I love the Three+ rewards, free Go Roam and the 5G network (where available) seems fantastic, the prices are reasonable too. It’s just unfortunate that overall the network seems so poor. 

12 REPLIES 12
Dave6018
Fledgling

Well I'm glad I stumbled across this thread, so it sounds like the network has changed in the last 7 years and why I left, I'm currently giving it ago as was looking at leaving EE for three but first full day and just let's say I have experience poor network performance and the very polite but scripted customers, service, I'm going to give them 30 days but it's not looking promising 

kimbamilne
Fledgling

Similar problems in the North East of England. I decided to stick with 3 as advertised as the uk's faste8netwirk for 5g and that they are building the best and fastest network. What a joke. At home in NE32 they say you can get 5g but not on any of my families phones and at my caravan in NE43 the signal is that bad it's unbelievable  I have asked friends on other networks both at home and at my caravan and they all get better 5g or 4g coverage than 3. Still got a year to go on my contract but will be switching when renewal comes around.

wyohwy-200
Fledgling

Read my post "I'm not happy" They certainly cannot cover Yorkshire, and you can complain till you are blue in the face, they just lie to you to get you off the phone and to tell their superiors everything is honky dory. It is far from honky dory, the service is getting worse