cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer failed THREE TO THREE

KingDogg
Fledgling

Hi

i am transferring my old three payg number to one of the new three payg sims, I got the pac code and requested the transfer on Thursday. It was supposed to be complete today. Unfortunately an online agent has informed me the transfer failed as there was an issue with the PAC and I should request a new one. Another agent has told me nothing can be done as I already used the first pac and the number is disconnected. Can anything be done am I now resigned to completely losing the number?

4 REPLIES 4
Avondale
Rising star

@KingDogg 

Do you need a PAC if you are staying with the same network ? 

I must confess that I thought that PACs were used to move between different networks. 

KingDogg
Fledgling

I was under this assumption aswell, the agent I spoke with from the new PAYG team told me it was the only way I could get my existing number onto the new data packs. A moderator on here replied to another customer with the same query and confirms a pac was needed so I’m unsure what could have gone wrong. it appears the port has partially gone through as I am now able to receive texts to the transferred number on the new sim but I can’t send texts, receive calls or activate iMessage and FaceTime as they’re all showing the number that came with the new sim. Dialling 333 and selecting the option to read out my number also gives the transferred number successfully

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KingDogg,

There's two possibilities here, you may have a split port, where the transfer hasn't completed. If they haven't already then the PAYG customer services team should be able to report this to the porting teams to fix.

There's also occasionally issues with iOS when porting, if you edit your number in your iPhone settings, then switch iMessage off and back on in settings then this usually fixes that type of issue.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Avondale,

Yeah primarily for changing provider, this is the exception rather than the rule. We're carrying out some system updates this year and once our PAYG and Pay Monthly systems are synced up the PAC shouldn't be necessary for this type of switch.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.