cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer issue

fordybee
Fledgling

I recently changed to Three on a contract with a new iPhone 13 and requested a number transfer.  I have had a text today telling me the number has been transferred but my mum sent me a text message and I haven’t received it.  If I text her, it says on her phone that it’s come from the original 3 number, not my ported number.  She can reply to that and I get it, but not if she sends to my ported number.  If she calls me, I can receive the call.  I’ve looked in Settings - Phone and my number is listed as the original 3 number.  I’ve tried changing it to my ported number but when I press “save” it just goes back to the 3 number.  I’m stuck!  Please help…

Best solution
Best solution
fordybee
Fledgling

I’ve sorted this now - please ignore.

Although for anyone who suffers the same issue, I turned off iMessage (settings>messages) and then turned the phone off for 10 mins.  Turned it back on and checked settings>phone>my number and it now has the correct number.  Turned iMessage back on.  All good.

View solution in conversation

1 REPLY 1
Best solution
fordybee
Fledgling

I’ve sorted this now - please ignore.

Although for anyone who suffers the same issue, I turned off iMessage (settings>messages) and then turned the phone off for 10 mins.  Turned it back on and checked settings>phone>my number and it now has the correct number.  Turned iMessage back on.  All good.