cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really frustrating experience with E Sim

Butterfly
Fledgling

I contacted 3 on Sunday asking for advice on how to set up an E-Sim as I was getting a new iPhone and I wasn’t sure if it will have the physical Sim port. So the support team just sent me the QR code without explaining to me that it will block my physical SIM and that I should have waited until my new phone arrived. So activated the new eSIM on my old phone and it was fine. Yesterday I contacted three as it wasn’t letting transfer eSIM to new phone. And to my surprise it’s becuase you need a new QR code. But the person on Sunday said it will let me transfer. So then the first person I spoke to did not understand my query she accidentally added a data plan to my account. And even made me take out physical sim and quote her the number then said she can’t help and couldn’t find my account- she said my.phone number was wrong and didn’t match! I was so fed up I left the chat as she was not getting my issue. Thats was 30 mintues of my time. I then entered chat again and spoke to another person. He advised me I will need to be sent a new eSIM. So I didn’t mind that but the emails were not coming through. He sent it on my registered email about 4 times and then we added a new email and it’s still lot arrived! I was told don’t stress, it will arrive. Well I am stressing!! I have no network, no way to phone anyone! This is absolutely unacceptable . I have been a 3 customer for years and I was treated like they didn’t care: I am definitely going to change network when my contract ends, and this is appalling. Why would you deactivate sim before you can active another? Since when is that a good idea? To be told that you can go to three store to resolve it it’s appalling customer service. Please can someone sort this out for me ASAP? 

8 REPLIES 8
Avondale
Rising star

@Butterfly 

There seems to be a possible solution posted here

Clever-Trevor
Involved

I had exact same issue. 
 And worse, since 28th sept ‘ no service.’  As sent a physical sim but Three cannot get activated. 
they sent another sim & same problem 

then they said only solution is another esim. That won’t activate. 

I’ve been on with various support for 9hrs in total !

now told they will to wait until Monday !!!!! 

that’s 9 days !!!!! 

In desperation I asked for a pac code to move but told needs to be txt to me so much have working network first 

nightmare !

Avondale
Rising star
Clever-Trevor
Involved

its a waste of time - I raised a complaint - received a ticket number but no-one contacted me.

Tried to call but left on hold - never got through......

There is no end to this misery!....

So, I bailed ...... 

( shame to go - but if I cannot get my SIM activated - and no proper assistance after hours on-hold for support  ! )

its bye-bye....

Avondale
Rising star

@Clever-Trevor 

Sorry to hear that. Good luck with your new provider. 

Hasan
Fledgling

Can you tell me how this was resolved please. Went through the exact same thing yesterday. Due to the new email, we have ti wait 2 days or something.

Amelia_jt
Fledgling

going through the same thing!!! My new iPhone arrived, called three for the QR code.. yup it errored on my phone… requested a new QR code no emails…. So apparently it’s stuck! Need to wait 72hour for it to cancel before I can request a new QR code!! 
I am left phoneless! 

come on three this is so unacceptable! Living in this world with no phone, no way to contact emergency services if required!?! 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Amelia_jt,

I'm sorry to hear that your eSIM transfer has been causing so much distress. I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with more help in case you haven't found a solution yet.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.