cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only getting H+

robertm1988
Active

Hi. This week the coverage in my area improved a I was able to get 5g indoors for the first time. Now my whole town can only get H and H+. I've been different parts of town. Also the coverage checker reported no issues.

3G and H/H+ is supposed to be switched off soon, no good in a large town if that's all you can get.

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

Sounds like the upgrades have either crashed or are being tweaked. Chat with the social media team as they are more likely to be in the know than customer services. 

The network status checker is never very reliable as they have been working locally for a couple of months, again,  with no change to service.

robertm1988
Active

Thank you I appreciate your response. Last week the network status has my area having upgrade work. Then it changed to there is a mast not working in your area. However this evening I now have 4G indoors. I guess it's an improvement but I would like 4G+ minimum again.

When I did a speed test when I first got 5G it was 245mbps download speed. That is pretty good compared to 4G+, or LTE as the speed test app calls it.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @robertm1988,

I'm sorry the speeds and signal have been up and down for you over the last few days. There's a lot of benchmarking work that needs to be done when setting up or upgrading the masts. Hopefully this should all settle soon, and we'll have constant 4G+ or 5G online for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.