cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer problems pls help!!

MattYR
Fledgling

On 8th Oct I went to the store to upgrade my old iPhone SE to a 5G phone (behind the curb, I know). I also changed my plan to fit the new phone, and was told by the advisor that the best thing was to grab a sim, and then three would carry over my number to that sim the next working day….. if only it were that easy…

I received an email saying my (faithful and long term) number had been disconnected.

Next day, my phone showed signal bars and data (wooo hey 5G), but the number was an imposter associated with my shiny new sim, not the one I had agreed to carry over in my new plan. I had also received an email saying that my trusty old number was my ‘new’ number, I.e the number transfer had unofficially taken place. I tried to change it in phone > my number, but it wouldn’t let me, so I went to the store. There, they did some funky things and my number appeared, but the signal disappeared.

I went to the store and they did a sim swap, then another, then another… nothing. This carried on for 2 weeks (and about 5 sim swaps later). I went to a different store and tried an eSIM - this never activated. I tried dialling my number, the handler said not recognised (note: it didn’t dial, it was as if I typed in 12345678). We then tried 2 more eSIMs. The agents in store then logged a complaint for me, and I haven’t spoken to anyone in 2 weeks, despite waiting for them to call as I was told they would.

I have spoken to so many agents online, over the phone, and in store for the last 4 weeks and literally no one has an answer. I’ve been told twice that it’s been handed to a technical team and they’ll get it sorted in 48hrs, and then I call, and they say they’re still working on it. I use this phone for work!! 
Apparently the most baffling thing for any three agent is that their system shows my number as active, and all my plans show. But my phone hasn’t received a call, text or any form of network since 8th October on that number. When I log in to my app, it shows no active lines… 

So just to repeat: 

ive tried sim swaps, replacement sim, phone off/on, reset network settings, re type my number into phone.. I’ve called and called and nothing…. What do I do?!!! 

Help me please!!! 

9 REPLIES 9
MattYR
Fledgling

Note the new phone is an iPhone 13 

greg87
Fledgling

Save yourself time and hassle and just give up on your old number, trust me. Customer service at Three is hopeless when it comes to resolving issues like that. They messed up my PAC transfer at the beginning of August and were never able to fix their mistake despite spending countless hours on the chat with customer service. Lost my number I had for 17 years. Shocking service. 

numbernotported
Regular

o my so i am also facing the same issue does this mean I have lost my old number 😞 . thanks for sharing

wow, your situation sounds very sad. facing the same my old number is in a limbo three and old provider. 

MattYR
Fledgling

Ive started to accept that…. But I just need my plan to work - so I can start changing all my account info for other stuff! Feel so trapped by them in a terrible customer service hole

MZone
Maestro

If it was an upgrade I don’t understand why any port of any kind would be needed. Usually you just put your old SIM card into the new handset and carry on as normal. Sounds like they may have sold you a new contract rather than an upgrade hence the new number. I will send you a PM now with some advice. 

MattYR
Fledgling

Ugh it was so weird - they sold me a new contract and transferred me from customer to business without really making any of that clear 😞 then they disconnected my number and transferred it to a new sim - so bizarre! Didn’t trust it from the start and look at where is got me….

MattYR
Fledgling

I’d love any advice you have! 

MZone
Maestro

Did you manage to get this sorted using the chat link I sent you?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.