Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG calling, texting, and allowance issues

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update 22/05/2024

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for any disruption and inconvenience this issue has been causing over the past few days. Our team have been working hard on this, and the underlying issue should now be resolved.

For anyone who has been charged from top up credit when they had a pack or add on which would have otherwise covered the usage, the credit used should be restored automatically.

If you're still experiencing any difficulties using your service, please test if rebooting your phone restores normal services.

If the issues are still persisting, please let us know what you're experiencing in the replies, For example whether there's an issue with calls, texts, and/or data, and any error messages that you're seeing.

Hi everyone,

We've been receiving reports of some PAYG customers being unable to make calls or send texts since yesterday. We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will provide updates on this thread. We'll move all related posts to this thread in order to keep things tidy, and so everyone can easily find any updates. Please refrain from creating multiple threads about this issue in the meantime. 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

230 REPLIES 230
Raberto
Regular

My guess is that there is a hole in the database and Tech Support are looking into it. Don't hold your breath waiting for any info, I've been trying since Sunday 

Maceuk
Fledgling

I just received a text to say your topup has gone through, even though I did not top up and its working again for me. 

Data has renewal date of next month calls and text to the year Jan 2222, does that mean I'm now in a renewal contract until 2222? or free calls until 2222!

fedupwith3
Active

How do you excuse that Three hasn't anounced to the media or at least on their homepage that you are experiencing a huge technical issue affecting thousands upon thousands of customers on Pay as you go even though this is ongoing for at least two days by now?

Why do all these customers have to reach out to chat and after wasting hours trying to reach you , to be told it is a issue you are aware of and working on it?

The basic minimum customer service would be to send out a text to all PAYG customers and let them know there is a issue and they may experience problems and you are trying to deal with it. 

Or at least put a banner on your home page!!! But no, if not for searching in the community forum , there wouldn't be a word about it, two days into this disaster

Raberto
Regular

There is no excuse. Time for some accountability has passed. I hate to think what the mess looks like behind the scenes.

JF12
Fledgling

Do you know when this issue will be fixed? It's 3 days and I'm still having to top up to make calls

Seppy
Fledgling

3 days without being able to call anyone, just been in an car accident and that's made it quite stressful! Come on Three I need to sort things out!

Reemhaneman
Fledgling

I am trying to make phone calls but keep getting a voice message - 'can not be completed as your account balsnce is too low'

I have an addon 12gb ending on the 16th of June.

Could you help to resolve?

Alsorted
Fledgling

i paid for top up its not gone although says order successful

Aditya
Fledgling

So, My mobile data isn't working. I just got a data pack, along with a add on, but mobile data isn't seems to be working. I tried everything, switching on/off the device, switching airplane mode on off. but, I can't seem to access anything online.

Moreover, I had some credits left in my account. While using the mobile date before, it deducted the credits left in my account. 

Now I have enough data left in my current pack, but still I cannot access anything. I would appreciate if somebody can help

Raberto
Regular

Complete failure of the PAYG system for the last 3 days. I have had no information from Three on when this will be fixed .