Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG calling, texting, and allowance issues

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update 22/05/2024

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for any disruption and inconvenience this issue has been causing over the past few days. Our team have been working hard on this, and the underlying issue should now be resolved.

For anyone who has been charged from top up credit when they had a pack or add on which would have otherwise covered the usage, the credit used should be restored automatically.

If you're still experiencing any difficulties using your service, please test if rebooting your phone restores normal services.

If the issues are still persisting, please let us know what you're experiencing in the replies, For example whether there's an issue with calls, texts, and/or data, and any error messages that you're seeing.

Hi everyone,

We've been receiving reports of some PAYG customers being unable to make calls or send texts since yesterday. We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will provide updates on this thread. We'll move all related posts to this thread in order to keep things tidy, and so everyone can easily find any updates. Please refrain from creating multiple threads about this issue in the meantime. 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

228 REPLIES 228
inki54
Regular

My texts and Data and receiving calls was working overseas with the Sim Data package, but Calls back to UK/Go Roam was not. When I landed back in the UK, the Calls were working. Is this a network issue a change in Three's GoRoam policy for PAYG phones  or what. (I made very calls when overseas)

myphone20243pay
Fledgling

Nine days since the 22/5 update and my credit has not been restored

What's the delay???

PeteyP
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

It's disappointing to hear you're still waiting on that. 

The PAYG support team on chat might have more information available on the issue you've experienced. As this is a customer forum for customers to help each other, there's no account access or anything like that from here. 

Head through on Chat, I hope the team have some good answers for you. 

Pete. 

go
Fledgling

no one is helping anything they were never trained to help they don't know anything they also promised me they would pay me the costs

JakeJEvans
Fledgling

I still can not send message but i have calls and data 

JBtoo
Fledgling

I can't make calls but can use data. I've spent over 4 hours in chats and calls to Threes customer service and technical support without resolution. I'm payg with an auto renewal data pack.  I have been sent round in circles, checking network connection etc when on the very first chat I had been given a 2 quid credit. which let me make calls. And finally I learn here this problem is widespread and known to the company. Such poor customer service.  But how can I resolve the problem? Everytime I contact Three I have to begin at the beginning and jump through all the scripted hoops they throw at me. How can I get help??

Hank
Fledgling

I have recently bought a Three PAYG SIM and topped up £10.
I can receive/send texts but can only receive calls not make them.
I have tried the SIM in another phone and same thing.
Any ideas if this is part of the same problem?

joben
Fledgling

I'm still only able to use data when roaming... Calls and texts can't be made (although I can receive). It works in UK though... Any idea why?

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @joben,

Hmm, that is odd. Could you share what country you were visiting when this issue occurred?

Did you have an active Data Pack on your account when you travelled?

Thanks,
Kate

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here