Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG calling, texting, and allowance issues

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Update 22/05/2024

Hi everyone,

We're sorry for any disruption and inconvenience this issue has been causing over the past few days. Our team have been working hard on this, and the underlying issue should now be resolved.

For anyone who has been charged from top up credit when they had a pack or add on which would have otherwise covered the usage, the credit used should be restored automatically.

If you're still experiencing any difficulties using your service, please test if rebooting your phone restores normal services.

If the issues are still persisting, please let us know what you're experiencing in the replies, For example whether there's an issue with calls, texts, and/or data, and any error messages that you're seeing.

Hi everyone,

We've been receiving reports of some PAYG customers being unable to make calls or send texts since yesterday. We're working to resolve this as soon as possible, and will provide updates on this thread. We'll move all related posts to this thread in order to keep things tidy, and so everyone can easily find any updates. Please refrain from creating multiple threads about this issue in the meantime. 

Thanks,
Jonathan

Three Community is celebrating our 2nd Birthday with a prize draw! join in here

228 REPLIES 228
Bella
Fledgling

Hey guys, I have experienced the exact same issue as some other people on Pay As You Go contract. My data pack was auto renewed last week and suddenly outgoing calls dropped today noon. I contacted customer services and the rep advised there is a common outage with no time frame so in a nutshell I don’t know for how long this will last. They mentioned technical team are looking into it. I am not sure whether it is a technical issue for common outage or is it to do with the phasing out of 3G. My handset is IPhone 13 mini. I would welcome some help on checking whether my phone is 4G enabled on settings as I checked on website and there was a tick next to V something which I suppose confirms that my phone is compliant.
Best wishes,
Bella

domfay
Fledgling

Same here. Don't think it's 3g phase out related as my inclusive minutes allowance (unlimited) is showing as zero in the app.  Hopefully someone will sort it soon. Irritating.  WhatsApp calls should work as a stop gap (but obviously that's a limited help). I chose 3 for international and WiFi calling, but it's easily the least reliable network I've been with. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

As an iPhone user myself I can absolutely confirm that your phone is 4 + 5g compatible. And as a fellow customer I’m sorry for the tech issues you’re experiencing and hope they’re sorted soon. I don’t think they’re related to the decommissioning of 3G!

Mozilla
Fledgling

Same here. 

Marius19
Fledgling

Same here. 

Eddie1308
Fledgling

Mine been off since yesterday. Can't get anything done in app. My calls allowance shows zero but recurring renewal shows January 2222. Don't think I will be about for that. Lol

Eddie1308
Fledgling

Hi

Mine been off since yesterday. Customer services useless. App shows my calls allowance as zero but I have recurring plan set up. I noticed in call allowance it shows my renewal date as January 2222. I don't think I will be around in 2222. Lol

jacksmichael
Fledgling

Same here. PAYG on 2 phones both without outgoing calls / texts. Same Jan 2222 renewal date too.  Some info from three would be useful.

Eva95
Fledgling

I'm having a problem sending texts to everyone it keeps saying "could not send" i have checked my settings and everything is still the same, tried turning it off and back on, putting on flight mode and its still not letting me sens texts 

BeckyP
Regular

A lot of us are having this issue. Can’t get through to anyone at 3 either. No idea what’s going on.