cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBLIC IP ADDRESS AND SPAM LISTING

Andrew1
Fledgling

Hi all - can somebody help?

I have a 3UK 5G router. My public IP address has been listed on the Spamhouse block list for sending out what are deemed to be spam emails. I have scanned our system with many different options all of which have found nothing.

I have reset the IP address several times now and each time the address ends up being blocked. Most recently earlier today when the new IP adress was the same as I had several days ago. It is telling me that spam email was sent out last night.

I have been running software which moniters all incoming and outgoing traffic through the router for a weeek now and at the time the "spam" was sent out last night I have no internet connection so it was impossible for my system to send out anything.

I think that when this "spam" was sent out the IP address in question was allocated to another user which is where the spam eminates from but because I am now using that adress I am blocked.

Does anybody have any suggestions as to how to get round this recurring problem?

I think that

• 5G
1 REPLY 1
mfb4138
Fledgling

Hi Andrew, I changed to Three Broadband using the 4G hub just over a week ago. I tried posting on a website only to find out my IP has been blocked from posting. I will try & sort out the problem but if I am unsuccessful I will be returning to my previous supplier.