cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please WIFI Call whitelist this IP Address block 149.107.0.0/19

gerainte
Regular

I have been advised that I need to raise this issue on this site.

Three - Please update your I.P. geo filtering for 149.107.0.0/19 as you are currently blocking WIFI calling from this address space, despite it being geo-located in the UK.

Please update it as its been RIPE updated for a couple of months now, and my customers still cannot make 3 WIFI calls and its driving them mad!!

11 REPLIES 11
MZone
Maestro

Contact Customer Service here

gerainte
Regular

I have had 6 (yes 6 calls with customer support) and no one can move this forwards, I was advised by a three architect to raise it here!

gerainte
Regular

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gerainte,

Sorry to hear about this issue, and that you haven't been able to resolve it through our customer services teams. I'll do my best to help.

Can you help me out with a bit more context as to what's been happening? You've mentioned your customers can't make Wi-Fi calls, is this IP in use at your business premises?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

gerainte
Regular

The address block which is a /19 (8192 Public IP Addresses) from the 149.107.x.x Address space is in use by our PPPoE connected customers.

If we switch to a.n.other address from a different block then they can make WIFI calls, which proves its a geo-location issue.

The address space serves mostly residential customers.

thebeesons
Regular

Hi @gerainte I'm assuming you're from Wessex? If so, I'm one of the 3 mobile users affected by this issue. I'm wondering how many of are out here in the wilderness unable to make WiFi call as a result. Perhaps you could encourage others to join this thread - if there are enough of us 3 might just do something about it? 🤞

I have requested anyone that contacts Wessex with a Wifi calling issue who is a three customer join this thread.

thebeesons
Regular

Hi @JonathanB just wondering if there has been any resolution to this? I believe I'm one of the customers affected by this issue - my IP address starts 149.107.... and since joining my new ISP I've been unable to make WiFI Calls. It's now been over a month and my ISP assure me the issue is in your hands. I've spoke to your support line on a couple of occasions directly and this seems to be well beyond their remit - perhaps you can shed some light on the situation? At the moment the only solution I have is to move all the mobiles in my household to an alternative provider - not ideal!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @thebeesons,

I have raised this feedback to our Service Desks. It may help if I can give them a bit more context though. It looks like the OP was in touch on behalf of a business or other organisation, but was then talking about residential customers, and having been in touch with our personal customer services.

Which ISP are you with @thebeesons?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.