cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor coonection during landline calls

Danno
Regular

I have been having issues with calling landlines. I can usually hear the person on the other end but they can't hear me. This issue is only a calls to landlines problem as calling mobiles is always fine. 

This was happening on my previous sim and phone and I expected an upgrade to resolve the issue with a new sim card and new number, unfortunately the problem still occurs. 

I've called Three and they're unsure of the issue. 

8 REPLIES 8
tarantella
Rising star

Try switching off wifi-calling and see if that helps.

If you haven't already, put your postcode into the coverage checker.

Also, check network status in your area to see if there's any ongoing work or maintenance. 

Failing all of that,  have a chat with Customer Services. 

If none of that helps,  raise a complaint.

Danno
Regular

I've tried turning the phone on/off, I've manually selected on the sim settings Three; and the area checker is showing as no faults in the area. 

The only thing I haven't done is turning off wifi calling, however I've called landlines when I'm not connected to WiFi anf had similar issues.  

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey Danno,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with calling landlines, this must be frustrating.

Did you try following the steps as advised by @tarantella , at all?

Could you also pop your postcode into our Network Status Checker and let me know if any issues are reported in the area, or work currently taking place, please?

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Danno
Regular

I have looked at coverage and network checker and there are no reported issues. Only thing I haven't done it turn off wifi calling. I have made calls when not connected to WiFi when I'm out and it was still the same. 

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey Danno,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Could you turn off Wi-Fi calling and let me know if it's still the same?

Also, do you find any call you make to a landline, while out and about, is the same, no matter the location?

Could you also provide me with the make and model of your device, please.

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Tracy444
Fledgling

I'm having exactly the same trouble, I have for a year now and tried everything,  three are not interested so I'm paying for a phone that's useless as I am unable to make any calls to landlines as they just cannot hear me, they say the line is crackling.  Did you ever get it resolved?  And if so, how?  Thanks 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tracy444,

It doesn't look like we've heard anything further from the Original Poster in the meantime. Probably the best place to start in figuring out this issue, is trying to narrow down if it's linked to the phone, SIM/account, or the network.

A few questions that might help with this:

• Does the issue seem to be in particular locations, or everywhere?
  • Is the issue affecting one, some, or all landlines, do you know if all the numbers you've tested are on one provider such as BT or Virgin?
  • Are you able to test and confirm if the same issue happens with your SIM inserted in another phone?
  • Likewise, can you try a friend or family member's SIM in your phone to check if the same issue happens?
  • Do you know if anyone else on Three is affected in your local area?

I appreciate you might not be able to test or confirm all of these, but any info from the above should help us narrow down the next steps.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Tracy444
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, it's affecting all landlines that I ring, business and personal,  I've tried a few things with three through their help and nothing works, I cannot use my mobile for any calls to any businesses or personal they all say they cannot hear me and it's a very bad line