cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges in The Isle of Man

davidbiom
Fledgling

With the latest 3 update i am now being charged whilst roaming in the Isle of Man - Its still stared as a Free roaming destination.

Trying to get through on Chat takes ages, and they assure me i won't be charged.

But i can see Roaming charge 1.67 + vat per day

Also 42p to send a text.

Whats happened Three - can someone sort it out.

7 REPLIES 7
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @davidbiom,

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing roaming charges when in the Isle of Man. You're 100% right, the Isle of Man and Ireland are covered by Go Roam but are exempt from daily charges.

We'd like to investigate this further to make sure this is sorted out for you, and in case it's affecting anyone else. I'll send you a PM to get you in touch with some colleagues that will help.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JulieIOM
Regular

I have exactly the same issue,, I'm on the Isle of Man and all allowances have been taken and I'm being charged for data too.  I've rang customer service and chatted online and I'm getting nowhere.  The last 3 months I've been paying for a service I can't use and I've ended up buying a Manx Telecom SIM so 8m not charged more 😭 bad service 3 ... Not at all happy

JulieIOM
Regular

Support staff don't seem to know the Isle of Man is included as free, end up going round in circles 😲

CarlyMx
Fledgling

I’m having the same problem and have been on the phone about 22 times about it. So frustrating. I’ve been charged £30 extra since April. I’m being told I’m roaming despite the fact it’s always worked prior and you can see that IOM is exempt from roaming charges. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CarlyMx,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been affected by this issue and for so long now. We're investigating the situation, but I'll PM you in touch with a colleague that can get some information from your account, and also they can help make sure any problems with your bills are addressed.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

DavidTIOM
Fledgling

Hi, exactly the same thing here. On the Island and being charged for everything.

Marka
Fledgling

Hi, I am also getting roaming charges but cannot send texts or make a lot of calls