cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish speed 4g broadband

Barbs1313
Fledgling

I've just swapped from Virgin broadband to three but the speed is approx 5-15! Very slow and not working at all this morning. Will this improve? If not I'll have to go back to Virgin?

6 REPLIES 6
sc1999
Local celebrity

What speed did you get with Virgin? I have FTTP with BT and would not give it up for erratic speeds that seem to come with mobile broadband.

3Gcouk
Active

I wonder if you are on 4G or 5G and whether you are on Home or Mobile broadband.

What Three device are you using?

Are you able to supply your post code

See here https://www.threebroadband.co.uk/ 

ffxmadman
Fledgling

I just switched from virgin mobile due to my area landlord not allowing installation of virgin media. I’ve been getting speeds of about 10mbps, but it can drop to 1mbps over the weekend. Using sercomm modem and it only says 1 bar, while if I plug it into my own iPhone 12, it’s about 3 bars 4G signal. How can this be rectified?

I checked the network status checker and it states there’s maintenance on the certain areas and it’s causing more congestion on other masts. But how long will this be

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ffxmadman,

This sounds really frustrating. The checker doesn't give timescales, but have you spoken to the Broadband help teams about this yet? They should be able to assess your connection and coverage in more detail and let you know if there's any expected timescale for maintenance to be resolved.

Hopefully they can give some further help, but if you're still struggling with these speeds, please let me know and I'll check if there's any other help we can direct you to.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

ffxmadman
Fledgling

Really rubbish speeds today, Day 2 of using 4G+ broadband. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Barbs1313,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been receiving such low speeds with your new Three Broadband service.

Hopefully you've seen some improvements in this since joining, but if you're still running into these issues, I'd recommend checking the Network Status Checker to see if this relates to any network issues we're already aware of.

Have you spoken to the Broadband teams about these issues? If so, what have they advised, have they given any timescales or other advice?

Let me know if you're still running into these problems, and I'll check if there's any further help we can direct you to with this.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.