cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split CLI on Porting number

SomersetChap
Regular

I recently ported my number from Lebara and received a text confirming it had all gone through… Happy days, so I thought.

Made a test call and all good as showed my ported number correctly.  Sent a test text and this is where I am having issues.

When I text, it is showing the temporary number from three. Checked my iPhone and under settings it does show the temporary number along with iMessage etc. Turned all those off and tried editing the number to no avail. Restarted the phone, forced onto another network and back, no change.

Chatted the Three via Online chat and phone but no-one could solve it although someone said that it was being ported tomorrow (hmm).

Not sure where the issue sits as phoning is fine and seems to be a SIM update or something to force the phone to give me my ported number back on the device for texting.

Any ideas as a tad frustrating this one. 

Best solution
Best solution
SomersetChap
Regular

SOLUTION - This fixed my issue on my iPhone and thought I would share around.

Not sure if required as a pre-req but I had switched off iMessage & FaceTime.

I went into SETTINGS - GENERAL - TRANSFER or RESET IPHONE - RESET - RESET NETWORK SETTINGS.

This cleared all my WiFi passwords on SSID’s like home WiFi etc but after it restarted, I was able to go into SETTINGS - PHONE and change the number to my ported number. 

I then re-enabled iMessage and FaceTime and all now working correctly.

Thanks to all those that contributed in the community. It’s great to see.

View solution in conversation

7 REPLIES 7
Officina-red
Involved
SomersetChap
Regular

Thanks for sending this link, even though the symptoms are the same that I am experiencing, it didn’t solve it 🤔😢.  Any other ideas greatly appreciated. 

Officina-red
Involved
SomersetChap
Regular

Always worth a try 😊 but no success… Cheers though Officina..  Wondering if it’s a porting delay from Lebara on something or Three haven’t sent an update to the SIM card itself possibly.. Not that technical on these things

KateS
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey @SomersetChap,

Oh no, that sounds super frustrating. I'll do my best to help here.

When you go to Settings - 'Your name' - Sign-in & security - Edit, does it let you add your transferred number?

Can I also check what date the port-in was scheduled for, please? Also, when did you activate the SIM?

Thanks,
Kate

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

SomersetChap
Regular

Hi Kate, thanks for your comments.  Yes, I can add my ported number under ‘sign in & security’, however, it says it’s unavailable for IMessage & FaceTime.

The SIM was activated on Tuesday 16th and received a text saying it was ported on Wed 17th. It is VERY frustrating as friends and family are getting ‘undelivered’ messages which is concerning as one of my parents is in hospital 😔.  I have had 3 people from Three look at this but all told me that I have to wait for the porting to be completed but told them I have received the text it was completed. It feels like the SIM needs to be told the new number but I am sure the this has already been checked by Three. 
Any assistance to get this resolved would be great.

Best solution
SomersetChap
Regular

SOLUTION - This fixed my issue on my iPhone and thought I would share around.

Not sure if required as a pre-req but I had switched off iMessage & FaceTime.

I went into SETTINGS - GENERAL - TRANSFER or RESET IPHONE - RESET - RESET NETWORK SETTINGS.

This cleared all my WiFi passwords on SSID’s like home WiFi etc but after it restarted, I was able to go into SETTINGS - PHONE and change the number to my ported number. 

I then re-enabled iMessage and FaceTime and all now working correctly.

Thanks to all those that contributed in the community. It’s great to see.