cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls or texts

Zunaid
Fledgling

I recently ported my number from Lyca to Three. Unfortunately since then I am unable to receive calls or texts, can make and send them though. People who call me receive a message stating number called not recognised, however the number does show correctly on my Three account.

I have chatted to advisors online and they have been helpful, told me this is being looked into, but couldn't give any further details or timescales and I am just a bit concerned I may be missing important calls and texts, just wondered if anyone could shed further light on this?

TIA 

51 REPLIES 51
3Gcouk
Active

Hi

Do you have an iPhone or Android phone?

Zunaid
Fledgling

Hiya thank you for the reply, it's an android, however it has just been sorted as I received a text a moment ago

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Zunaid,

Glad to hear this is sorted. It sounds like this was probably a "split port". Most often this is caused by an issue with receiving or installing important files from the network you've left. So your number was set up for sending messages and calling with Three, but when someone called you their network was most likely still trying to reach the now disconnected Lyca line.

Fortunately this is rare, but when it does happen our porting team work with the original network's porting team to fix the issue as quickly as possible. As we had to work with a 3rd party team this may explain why colleagues were reluctant to give timescales.

I hope this didn't cause too much disruption, and that you didn't miss too many calls in the interim.

Thanks.
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Barbarab6980
Regular

I have ported from GiffGaff and have the exact same issue.  What do I need to do

MrsB
Fledgling

I'm having the same issue, transferred from Vodafone. Please could you direct me to where I can solve issue? Thanks.

ABC
Fledgling

Please help. How do I get help for this problem? I've tried on the chat on ThreeUK but no-one was able to direct to the porting team.  What do I have to do or say?

darrenboro
Fledgling

Hi there, I'm having exactly the same issues. Been onto Three on 3 separate occasions with no help at all. Any chance you could point me in the right direction. Thanks

AliceThompson
Fledgling

I seem to be having a similar issue.

I can receive calls, but can't receive texts. My phone settings show that my SIM has the number that I had transferred over, but the messaging app that was on the phone shows the temporary number that should have gone is what it's trying to receive texts from and it's not allowing me to change anything. It's an app that's preinstalled so it won't let me delete the app to redownload it to see if it will refresh it. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AliceThompson,

It's unusual for a split port to affect messaging but not calls, so I think you're possibly on the right track about the messaging app.

Failing all else you could try a factory reset. However, if you're concerned about losing any data, you could try:

Open Message App
Select the menu in the top right, this should have "Messages Settings",
"General"
"RCS chats" (wording may vary for this option depending on phone and software),
then turn off RCS/chats here.

This should switch to regular SMS texts, but generally restarting the phone and reactivating RCS should work after doing this. Let me know if this seems to help at all.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.