cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive calls/texts from Vodafone after Porting to Three

Scottology
Regular

Hi All,

Hoping for some further assistance if possible please.

I joined Three back in December 2022 and ported my number from Voxi/Vodafone.

First noticed an issue when someone was unable to text me as part of group messages (who was on Vodafone network), so tried a few things to resolve but was unable to receive any texts from that person. Otherwise everything else seemed fine.

However, my wife has just moved to Vodafone and is now unable to call or text me as well, which is obviously much more of an issue for me.

Texts don't go through and when trying to call it says number invalid, even though I can ring her directly and my correct number shows up.

All other networks (Three, EE and O2) can all contact me just fine.

Looking online it sounds like it could be a split port issue, where my number hasn't fully transferred from Vodafone.

I initially raised this to Three customer services and after completing a few checks, was advised it would be passed to the team to investigate. As part of this I reconfirmed my PAC code, so all sounded good.

I then received a text on 19th April saying the problem had been fixed and my services were working normally. This however, was not the case as I was still unable to receive calls/texts from Vodafone network.

I contacted customer services via live chat and was advised to wait another 24 hours.

The problem still hasn't been resolved today, so I've contacted live chat again and went through the same laborious checks around mast strength, signal on phone, wi-fi calling, whether the numbers are blocked etc. and was advised issue would be raised with relevant team.

How best can I try and resolve this as believe it's Three's responsibility according to Ofcom? Do I just need to persist with customer service or is there a more direct route to the technical and/or porting teams?

Seems to happen quite frequently from what I can tell, but no clear indication of how to resolve.

Thanks

Scott

22 REPLIES 22
techbloke
Active

Hi @Scottology 

You are correct that it's the gaining operator (in this case Three) that is responsible for correcting this for you.

Had a split port myself a couple of times when moving between service providers in the past with it taking three weeks on one occasion to get it sorted (this was a move from an O2 based service to an EE based service) 

I'd probably be inclined to put your complaint in writing now https://www.three.co.uk/support/complaints/how-to-complain

If you are using an iPhone, also worth checking the directions here about iMessage https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201422 though I'd imagine you've done pretty much everything by now.

Think you've got the patience of a Saint, I'd have been firing off a complaint to their CEO by now.

All the best

Scottology
Regular

Thanks, I only really realised last week, so happy to give them a couple more days to see what happens.

Just thought it was strange that they text me to say all fixed, when it wasn't - and I wasn't overly impressed with the agent  that I then subsequently spoke with, as they really didn't seem to understand the issue. Hopefully they re-raised this issue with the correct team.

I think raising a written complaint will be my next step.

Scottology
Regular

Spoke with an agent again today as still not resolved. 

Apparently it is progressing and Three have emailed O2 to reroute the number (not sure why as I can already receive calls and texts from O2 network), but also to Vodafone to ask them to fully release the number.

Have been advised it will be completed today 25/04/2024 but that I won't receive any confirmation once complete and that I should restart my phone for it to fully take effect.

Shall wait and see what happens tomorrow.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Scott,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been affected by a split port, I know this can be really frustrating as you won't  be able to consistently receive calls and/or messages whilst this is going on. Did the team manage to get this resolved after your last post about this?

If it's still happening let me know and I'll do my best to help get this escalated for you.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Pollygall
Fledgling

My number just transferred over this morning and i'm not receiving ANY sms messages at all - and i need them for some of my work applications (for secondary authorisation). I tried turning off and on the RCS feeds as in one of your other posts but it's not doing anything. Any other suggestions?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pollygall,

Although the transfer from one network to another is usually very quick, It can sometimes take up to midnight for all services to fully move between providers. Hopefully your messaging is now working, and if not switching the phone off and on again will often fix an issue like this.

If this still isn't working I'd check if you're still receiving any level of service on the old provider's SIM, if your messages are still arriving there then that would indicate you have a similar issue to Scott who created this thread.

Does this only seem to relate to messaging and not calling or data?
Can you let me know what make and model of phone you use?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Adellle
Fledgling

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue - and not getting anywhere - can you help?

Thanks

pj2412
Regular

I got it sorted by emailing the CEO & CCO of three, it wont let me post email addresses on here but they're easy to find on google. 

EveH
Fledgling

Please can you help, I have the same issue. Just spent an hour trying to explain on Three Chat and could not get through to him the problem. Copied and pasted the conversation.

I had my number ported this morning, can make and receive calls and messages but not receive either.

I need a text message to verify my work account, I am a local borough Councillor and need to get into it to attend a Planning Committee meeting tomorrow..

I was transferred from Vodafone.

Regards

Eve