cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used to have the free 200M data sim but it stopped without notification?

pwalk
Active

For the last couple of years, I've had an active free 200MB monthly data sim.
Recently after the online account and app has been updated, I couldn't see my allowance or refresh date. The SIM continued working fine (data and incoming calls as well).

I chatted to support and the agent appeared a bit clueless and claiming this has stopped. I didn't see how this could have been stopped since it was working fine and I haven't heard anything about it from Three. When I confirmed that I can still use data on it (while roaming as well, as it used to), the agent's reply was basically "that's great".

After coming off the chat, it has suddenly stopped.
Now, I understand that the service might have stopped and it was a free service, but to cut it off just like that, without notification and after chatting to support who didn't appear to know abut it, is strange to say the least. For all purposes, this was a normal working SIM from Three, albeit for data only. I'm sure something's wrong here?

157 REPLIES 157
Pleske
Regular

Hi @JonathanB , @JohnM 

I have the same issue and I'm sure other users do too. Please can you keep this post updated with any outcomes from your investigations?

Anonymous
Not applicable

A customer service agent is investigating the issue and will update me via email. I'll report back for you and others affected.

bronxboy
Regular

Hi @Anonymous  - any updates??

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @bronxboy,

If a user shows as anonymous then they've chosen to delete their community account unfortunately. I'm chasing updates though and will update the thread as soon as I have anything significant to share.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Pleske,

Of course, we will do as soon as we have more to share. Sorry that this is taking some time to get back to you all.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Chubbysocks
Fledgling

I was getting free 200MB a month until today. I couldn't access my account so was promoted to re-register, so I did today. I've just been charged £1.97 for watch a 2 min youtube video.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received no promised update from Three. My account still shows no allowance available. Call, text, and data charges (conveniently absent in the new app) are no longer at the 3-2-1 rates. It really seems that the tariff has been discontinued but that Three decided not to notify customers, and instead using the system update as an opportunity to convert Data Reward tariffs to the regular Mobile Broadband PAYG. I had to send links of the Data Reward tariff terms web page to the Three customer support agent who had no knowledge of the Data Reward SIM. Users will probably find that once their 100MB complimentary data allowance (and 2 free SMS) received after re-registration are used, they will need to purchase a monthly Data Pack, or top-up their credit (in order to be able to make chargeable events and avoid disconnection). So, it's up to us to decide whether the tariff still suits our needs and / or whether we choose to remain a customer of Three. Personally, I've decided to leave the network for a better PAYG (and hopefully, customer relations) experience. Notifying me of the changes wouldn't have kept me as a customer but it would have made me consider returning to Three, should my circumstances change.

sup3rstud
Regular

Have the same issue. Re-registered, no sign of my free 200MB allowance. Any data used has consumed my remaining credit. Not very impressed considering this 200MB was supposed to be "lifetime".

pwalk
Active

It's unfortunate but it seems indeed Three has discontinued it and not really interested in providing an update here either.☹️

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @pwalk,

I'm sorry for the delays. I promise we've not forgotten about this issue, I'm just waiting for some more clarity then I'll update everyone.

Thanks,
Jonathan