cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does phone lag when talking to business

trevorhill1959
Fledgling

I have a relatively new Samsung phone on 3 network. Whenever I call a business phone number there is a lag in the phone/network responding so that the first few sounds that I make (first few letters or numbers) are not heard by the person at the other end of the call. Everything works fine when calling other mobile numbers.
I had wondered if it was a characteristic of my phone. But today I was talking with a British Gas agent and he said that the same thing happens to him, also on 3, with a different model of phone.
It is very frustrating to have to keep repeating myself because the network can't keep up.
Does anyone have an explanation and solution for this please?

12 REPLIES 12
JulieTaylor
Fledgling

I have the same problem.

ThreeRuss
Fledgling

I've got the same issue as well. This happens when I call my mum on her landline. I call most days for 30 minutes or more. I would say that around 50% of the time, a delay of 3 or so seconds comes onto the call after 20 minutes or so.

This has been happening for over a year. I'm sometimes walking round a small local area and sometimes just sat in the house. 

Shah954
Fledgling

I'm having the same issue. Three customer service have asked to send my phone back to Samsung when I done previously. When I spoke to Samsung, they done all the updates and found no issue. Can we cancel the contract due to the service not being provided?