cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi on London Underground asking for password

JB648
Regular

Hi

For years I’ve had no problems using the THREE_WIFI on TFL services. I recently removed an eSIM (but left my 3 physical SIM settings unchanged), and since then I’ve been unable to connect. When I try to join the network I get asked for a username and password. 

I've tried resetting my network settings, turning my phone on and off, and downloading the latest iOS software. Nothing has fixed the issue. I’m using an iPhone 13 Pro, with iOS 17.3.1. 

I tried phoning 3 and wasted half an hour with the customer service people giving me advice for Android phones that didn’t work for my iPhone. 

How can I connect to the WiFi again?

My network settings are:

IMG_7788.png

IMG_7789.png

Thanks

John

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi John,

Last time I saw an issue like this, resetting the network settings sorted it. Just to check we're on the same page with this, did you reset the APN settings as on the screenshot, or did you do this:

Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

11 REPLIES 11
Raf_75
Fledgling

I'm having the same problem with my Android phone, it's asking for user and password. It's the first time I've tried using it. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Raf_75,

Setting this up on an Android has a couple of extra steps. You can find more info here. Let me know if that sorts it for you.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.